Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

All your posts in the post-match of the Community Shield thread were very positive and the only post you made about your expectations for the season implied you thought we’d win it.

2 Likes

I do think Arteta and Arsenal have to be respected at this point (in a footballing sense). A lot of people thought they’d drop off much sooner than they did last season, but they have strong options in almost every area of the pitch, and apparently a manager capable of bringing it all together.

This coming season, though, I’m struggling to predict anything with any certainty. During the summers, I don’t see much perspective from beyond the TAN boundaries, but I spread my wings a little today and I realised the majority of the “online football community” seems to think we’re absolutely fucked. I had been feeling quite positive.

I think they dropped off at about the time I expected.

I don’t think we are far off but I wish the club wouldn’t entertain anything more from SA especially as it doesn’t seem to have sped up any buying.

These two I would say are ahead of us but I don’t think we’re massively off if we get that DM in.

I always think positive and try and stay positive, if we dont get a couple of good signings in this season will not be very good defence and midfield lacking big time :wink:

1 Like

We’ve already got a couple.

1 Like

In for Lucas Paqueta of West ham now.

Gonna stroll this league and CL this season.

Who did we sign when we won league? Elliot and a young CB.
What a dynasty!

I can only imagine that Man City fancy they can find his Lyon form again because he was pretty much a non-factor for West Ham last season.

1 Like

I’m pretty much beyond caring now.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1689641490824519680?s=20

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This feels more like an attempt to further destabilize the market than add a player they need and value at that price

Doctor Who What GIF

Surely this is a joke?

That’s a big paqueta money for a mediocre player.

1 Like

I felt a pang of shame for laughing at that

I’m trying work out if this is the Paqueta I’ve seen play or some younger brother.

Did someone take over Man City on this sim universe of ours just so they give WHU some funds.

1 Like

shit player

You can always take your laugh back. I won’t feel offended.

De Bruyne to miss upto 4 months with his hamstring injury - possibly going under the knife.

Probably explains the push for Paqueta.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1691456120383303680

1 Like

4 months for a Hamstring injury?!? Sheeeeeesh.

Been ages since I’ve heard someone out that long with a hammy, must be like a triple tear or something?

That was already in the works given the loss of Gundogan.

:heart_eyes: