Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Wouldn’t it be grand if the major non-sand affiliated clubs donated funds (using the brown envelope system as perfected by MFFC) to the Premier League so that it could hire top class lawyers to counter cheaty’s top class lawyers? We can dream.

These new developments will clearly bring any remaining fence-sitters and doubters over to the side of righteousness now, I would have thought. This evil has to be stopped.

1 Like

I think an even better option would be for the supporter base of each of the other 19 clubs unite to protest and disrupt all MC115 games next season with tennis balls and teddie bears like they do in Germany until the final 38 days of the season remain.

Then force the cheating cunts to play their entire season day after day for 5-6 weeks.

7 Likes

Is this team for real…is this the deflective legal claim…for the 115 charges…

1 Like

And they wonder why everybody fucking hates them.

8 Likes

Grasping at straws for sympathy…the FFP 115 charges must be due at anytime

1 Like

I have no doubt that this is part of the deal offered to City players who which to avail of a huge payday at the end of their careers.
If contracts haven’t been completely run down then City get a big fee for the player from the family coffers in order to buy a new younger superstar and the player gets a million quid a week tax free to play in an inferior league to every other league they would potentially go to.

4 Likes

I would not be surprised if this is the first of many.

1 Like

At my age you have to be open to everything”.

9 Likes

Edit…
https://x.com/lfcmumble/status/1798035591621407052
:wink:

15 Likes

https://x.com/francoisplateau/status/1798026176574955585

6 Likes

I actually like this idea. Any Man City away game get disrupted with non-violent protest to the point that the games don’t happen. Raining Teddy Bears on the pitch is fun.

Matches at the Etihad should simply be boycotted.

8 Likes

A court may decide its against fair competition,but they were the rules in play from 2009 to 2018.

https://x.com/ReutersZengerle/status/1798002297181515849

5 Likes

“If you don’t let us rewrite the rules we’re going to stop sportswashing in the area”.

I pretty much give up :person_shrugging:

7 Likes

I take it the other 19 clubs could not refuse to play them.
As with the superleague clubs,could city be kicked out for doing this

“So, if Man City win this case, which starts next week, that would blow a big hole in the Premier League’s case at the hearing in November about the 115 charges because Man City would have argued successfully next week that some of these rules are unlawful and incompatible with UK competition law.”Skysports

and there it is…

6 Likes

The way out for the PL?

2 Likes

They wouldn’t be able to refuse to play City. I think 1 option would be for the other 19 clubs to break away and form their own league and not invite City to join them

4 Likes

Wouldn’t they then be treated by FIFA and UEFA like the superleague clubs

for city, state owned and equity firm owned clubs

2 Likes