Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Does anyone have a gift article for Lawton’s piece?

1 Like
5 Likes

2 Likes

Some juicy bits:

Within the City claim is a challenge to the voting system upon which the Premier League’s decision-making process has long been built, which requires two-thirds of clubs to support a rule change. They say this allows a majority of clubs to exert a “tyranny” that damages the minority.

Democracy is tyranny.

City also complain that, when it comes to negotiating any form of sponsorship agreement, clubs in the north are at a disadvantage to those in London, saying they can charge higher ticket prices. However, rival clubs estimate that, based on median ticket prices at the Etihad Stadium and the seven Premier League clubs in London, City are ranked third.

They can’t even count without cheating.

City also say the rules penalise clubs who have “lower-profile sporting histories”.

Hahahaha

I have the best solution for them. They can break away and form their own little league. Let’s see who else is going to join them, apart from Newcastle.

12 Likes

‘Tyranny of the majority’… isn’t this what is usually called democracy? :thinking:

I understand that these *s have some difficulty to understand the principle. They’d of course prefer the tyranny of a minority.

4 Likes

Tyranny of the majority :rofl:

Are they fucking serious? that is the funniest shit I’ve read today

9 Likes

https://x.com/ptgorst/status/1798013214627967120

3 Likes

Fucking idiots.

4 Likes

I am pretty sad that football has come to this.

Am also rather happy that my other sporting love, Australian Rules, has a draft and a salary cap. It ain’t perfect but it is far less distasteful than what I just read.

10 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong but aren’t the womens football and community programmes excluded from FFP/P&S rules?

Youth development I have no idea on

2 Likes

Shit got real, real quick…City playing the long game here with a bit of misdirection. To me this means they know the PL has a strong case on the PL charges. So if they can deal with the APT issue, that is a big chunk of the PL case against them

3 Likes

But City just want the hearings to be over because they, knowing they have done nothing wrong, just want to be able to move past it.

8 Likes

Well if the PL solicitors were sleeping, they are fuckin awake now… THIS IS WAR!!!

3 Likes

https://x.com/Knox_Harrington/status/1798005635021447180

3 Likes

intrestingly, nothing on skysports on this…

2 Likes

Further to this story:

De Bruyne earns about £400,000 a week, making him English football’s highest-paid player.

Because Haaland isn’t paid a lot more than his official wage. Honest.

9 Likes

PL loses this, then its the end of the league as we know it…

1 Like

City just mad cause they only had 115 fans at their parade

3 Likes

114, actually. More charges than supporters.

6 Likes

Regarding the Neil Atkinson comments, this is exactly what Der Spiegel reported the city legal strategy was…be willing to spend more money on lawyers than the PL could possibly hope to contend with and bleed them dry.

9 Likes