Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Didn’t someone say further up this thread that there is no way they can pass the equivalent financial regulations in the Football League?

Surely they will aim to make the punishment really harsh but knowing that it will get reduced on appeal or will be negotiated down if they remove their threat to take legal action. My guess is relegation to Championship and a massive fine will be the final outcome and I think City will consider they got off very lightly and accept it.

Is there a way to appeal or negotiate it down? I thought it was meant to be a once and done thing.

1 Like

Is anything ever a once and done thing? Apart from death of course :confused:

City will surely try to find a way, but part of the agreement of being in the premier league is that they are self governing and by agreeing to be a member clubs are forgoing external appeals.

3 Likes

Brexit, apparently.

2 Likes

Hopefully there is recognition with the PL that any amount of fine means nothing to city’s owners and punishment should come in the form of points and titles taken away

1 Like

Well let’s wait and see shall we?

3 Likes

:flushed:

Not your normal vernacular…

Everything ok?

1 Like

I am unsure if you mean that I am being agreeable, that I showed appreciation for something in City blue, that I swore, or that I only swore once

4 Likes

I think he was troubled by your mispellings of the clearly Welsh names Rhodri and Llewis…

6 Likes

I think the Forest and Everton cases show that the league are resistant to a ‘cost of doing business’ approach to punishment.

1 Like

For a couple of years I thought Lallana was Welsh and did horrible (beautiful) things to his name

3 Likes

That is beyond bizarre

Lallana’s from Llanelli
Lallana’s from Llanelli
Na na na na
Na na na na

5 Likes

I’ve looked into the future…

Everton finally finish 18th and are due to be relegated… ruling is that City be relegated from the Premier League, which keeps 18th up…

It’s gonna happen, isn’t it?

10 Likes

I’ll take it

2 Likes

It would be the most Everton thing ever. They’d still be ball-aching that the PL is corrupt.

4 Likes

1 Like