Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

JCVD Epicness.

Was about to post ‘meanwhile Joe Gomez’

But I think he joined a year later.

I don’t know how I feel about this. On one hand, Bernardo Silva is a cunt. On the other, I agree with what he’s saying:

https://x.com/DailyAFC/status/1837955921005498828

8 Likes

I seem to recall Arsenal winning the league in an unbeaten season. Is this another revision of football history? Football only started with the oil-cunts?

6 Likes

I think he is using ‘us’ in a very direct sense, the City teams he has been a part of. Sure, he must know that ManU once had the whip hand over City, but that was years before his time. ManU faces City the same way Everton faces LFC these days.

6 Likes

Can we just have Klopp only ?

1 Like

Can’t stand Silva, but he’s spot on here. Man City are terrible cheats, and there’s so much he is turning a blind eye to. But limiting the observation to the difference between Liverpool and Arsenal is spot on. We won the league and the Champions League in our rivalry with the modern-day monstrosity that is Man City. Whenever we played them we got stuck in, tried to take the game to them, tried to win it, and along the way we enjoyed some glorious victories and a couple of largish defeats, too. Thats the gamble.

I doubt Arsenal will lose by four to Man City, as it probably isn’t in their DNA at the moment, and neither will they win by four. Boring boring Arsenal.

Arsenal camped out with nine men across their box, with a decent goalie behind them. They tried all the dark arts too - time wasting, going over injured, the lot. And they drew the game.

I can’t help but think back to last season, when Arsenal were flying and Man City were struggling, relatively speaking. Had Arsenal been brave they probably would have beat them at that point, but they played like cowards, escaped with a triumphant point for a draw, patted themselves on the back, and lost the league.

I don’t want to tempt fate as it feels like a matter of time before Arsenal win the league again. They have spent a fortune and they will be in the conversation again this season.

But I can’t warm to them. Snide, in their manager’s image. Ugh.

1 Like

Ex Everton Player, Former Man City Assistant Manager.

Never warmed up to him when he was a player for Arsenal as well.

Expecting Arteta to be not a snide cunt is unrealistic

1 Like

I will criticize Arteta and Arsenal for their approach in last season’s “title decider” until I die.

City came into the game in a patchy run of form and were one week off have been comprehensively outplayed by us in the second half of our game with them to a degree Pep wont have seen anyone do to his team since his first year in charge. And this by a team who did it in a style that Arsenal claim to base their game on. Yet Arsenal completely changed their game to be uber conservative, against a side who were there for the taking. They got their point, but the opportunity was there to effectively put City away and they didn’t even try to take it.

3 Likes

Rumour going around that Rodri has done his cruciate and will be out for the rest of the season…

9 Likes

Arteta strikes me as the coward type. Compare this to Kloppo, who always said that football is a game, and that it must entertain the fans. He was never afraid to engage a proper game, even if it was going to finish 4-4.

Despite of still being much younger, Arteta is already the ‘chess player’ type. His football is boring, he’s a snide cunt, but he’s not stupid. This type of managers usually wins trophies. And as he’s young, he’ll hang around a lot more, become more and more conservative, and bore everyone to death. Oh well…

Anyway, Cheaty and Arsenal drawing this game is probably the best outcome for us, so I won’t complain.

Saw lots of comments on that last night. That would certainly be the suspicion based on the way he went down, but you wouldn’t be able to get a real diagnosis of that this soon after.

1 Like

I hate to see good players injuring themselves like that, but if true, this is a big loss for the oil cheaters.

4 Likes

Bewildering that Haaland got nothing for throwing the ball at Gabriel. He should have a ball bounced off his head every match now.

5 Likes

VAR looked at it and cleared it due to it being done with insufficient force to justify a red and them not being allowed to recommend a yellow.

It will add to the spice when they face off at the Emirates later in the season. Hopefully lots of handbags.

Not sure if its a red or not, but Ian Wright said it was cowardly to throw the ball at a man with his back turned, to which i agree.

Both teams as bad as one and other. Oliver was terrible too. Last season he didnt send Kovacic off as he didnt want to ruin the game. He was happy to do it yesterday in City’s favour…who ofcourse pay him £20k to referee games in Dubai.

6 Likes

Violent conduct. Anyone who thinks different has no clue about this sport.

I don’t care if VAR checked it or not he still deserves to be banned retrospectively.

2 Likes

I do think the unstated thing of Arsenal just being a snidey shithouse team has contributed to that outcome.

If you’re a ref and youre conscious of not ruining a big game you may reasonably give a bit more leeway to genuine footballing incidents like a mistimed tackle (FWIW, Kovacic absolutely deserved to go in that game). But Arsenal just do a succession of snidey shitbag things that they bank on being able to get away with because each individually is under the threshold of punishing. But once a ref opens their eyes to it he is inclined to eventually punish someone, anyone, just due to accumulation.

I think I buy @Arminius explanation for the second yellow yesterday that it was on the verge of being given for the barge, and then the kick sent Oliver over the edge.

3 Likes

You just know Robertson will do it to him.

7 Likes

The force has nothing to do with it - it is unsportsmanlike conduct, plain and simple.

4 Likes