Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I don’t think that’s true. We broke them mentally.

There was a point, maybe after the game against us, they just kind of gave up.

That’s the only way to beat them in their current guise and we did it.

We’re talking about them being without Laporte. I’m sure we had more injuries than them.

How did you know?..

1 Like
1 Like

Their season that year lacked their usual winning consistency from the start. They were typically dropping points every 3rd game when we’re used to them knocking off 5-6 games win streaks regularly and usually finding one of 10+. They didnt manage to win more than 3 in row until late enough in the season that we’d already clinched the title. It was a season where they just never got going.

6 Likes

2019-2020

• Liverpool

The biggest stars in Liverpool succeeded in avoiding injuries last season, but we can say that they’ve had the same luck this season.

At the back, regular players like Alisson Becker have been out for more than 7 weeks. The man named Joe Matip has been out for more than 12 weeks, and he is among those that have spent more time on the sidelines. Unfortunately, their backups in Nathaniel Clyne and Dejan Lovren are also out.

When you get to the midfield, people like Xherdan Shaqri, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, Naby Keita and Fabinho have also missed up to four games each.

The frontline has been their saving grace, as their lethal front three has always been there. Only Mohammed Salah has missed a game due to injury among the trio.

• Manchester City

It is not too wrong to say that City have struggled this season chiefly because Aymeric Laporte went down with injury after the first four games, and John Stones, his fellow center back has also struggled for fitness.

Benjamin Mendy has been out for four games, Oleksandr Zinchenko has missed 5 games, and these absences made things difficult for the coach at the left back position during the season. The man named Leroy Sane suffered a serious injury while on preseason duties, and he is yet to fully recover from that, amidst the age long speculations about his transfer to Bayern Munich.

Other injury worries that City has suffered are about Sergio Aguero’s knock that kept him out for four games. Rodri was also sidelined for two premier league games in the beginning of the season.

1 Like

I want to feel sorry for him but i cant.
I’m not bouncing around feeling happy and celebrating it, I just cant sympathise with someone that joined City in full knowledge of what they are. I honestly dont care.

4 Likes

‘Still we don’t have the definitive, but he will be out for a long time, a while, but maybe it will be less than we expected,’ Guardiola said.

5 Likes

Amazing what they can do with blood doping, heh Pep. No doubt Pep will consult his and Lance’s favourite Dr Ferrari when the time comes to quickly rebuild fitness.

:syringe: :syringe: :syringe:

Nothing a little trip to Barcelona won’t clear up.

5 Likes

Sounds like not the full tear that was feared. Still significant, but not one of those ‘gone for a year’ injuries.

Didn’t we once have Trent and/or Diogo out with a knee injury for three months? Could be similar with Rodri.

Trent had a tear in a knee ligament (lateral, as I recall) that had him for most of the start of this calendar year. I think Jota’s was less serious (and on a less dreaded knee ligament, collateral) so he was out for less time, came back at right about the same time though.

At a guess, I would say Rodri’s is probably somewhat more serious than Trent’s, not least because Trent might still have more of a younger man’s healing rate than Rodri.

3 Likes

We didn’t get about 15 articles how it’s the end of our season mind.

1 Like

Which will make it such an incredible accomplishment when they win the league again in May.

2 Likes

Rodri ACL injury and surgery confirmed, according to Pep he won’t be back this season.

Rough on him, he’s certainly one of the best in his position. Also remains to be seen if he’ll be as effective when he came back. Oxlade-Chamberlain was never the same after coming back from a major injury like that.

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s already 28, will be 29 when he’s ready to play again… it feels like a tough ask for a player already approaching their 30s to come back from such a serious injury to be as good again as they were before, when it’s already a struggle for players in the early to mid-20s.

He’ll be sold once he recovers.

Pep doesn’t do with damaged goods.

Remeber how quick he was to do away with Laporte

There’s no real comparison between Rodri and Ox. Different styles, different level(s) of quality also. I think he will be able to return to a very high level.

1 Like

Hopefully they bin the whole club by then. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes