Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Thanks guys, that is quite astonishing, I never thought Pep would resort to dodging drug testing

4 Likes

Same as Rio Ferdinand Maria

5 Likes

And while we’re at it @Maria, this is him being “gracious in defeat”

5 Likes

I remember Rio’s one, he was banned from playing for 9 months.

I heard Pep sends all his injured players to Spain for treatment and rehabilitation which I found abit odd. There are excellent sports medicine and rehabilitation centres here

2 Likes

Might be something in HOW they are treated Maria… and with what!

2 Likes

I am wondering with what they are injected with myself, lol, @sandsoftime.

3 Likes

Rio walked out on a drug test. That is brazen and is quite rightly treated as if it is a positive test.

Pep got dinged for something that at the time was producing a good number of problematic positive test results that for a variety of reasons could not stand up to scrutiny. It is why the conviction was ultimately overturned.

2 Likes

okay okay… all managers get abit tetchy when they lose an important match. :joy:

3 Likes
4 Likes

He was pretending to eat grass in homage of teammate Rigobert Song :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Breaking news that.

Like it’s a news

:rofl:

4 Likes

Maybe it’ll be big by their standards. Looking back a few years, their net-spending has been;

14/15 - £65.1m
15/16 - £126.7m
16/17 - £161.7m
17/18 - £203.5m
18/19 - £19m
19/20 - £76.7m
20/21 - £104.5m

So big could be past the £250m net spend. given they want the CL so much (but they don’t want it either depending on the tide). Suspect it’s likely to be one player past £100m (Halaand, Sancho, Mbappe, Kane) and another couple of high value players (at least one £50m fullback).

Can’t wait to see Pep fall to his knees in despair next season when City get knocked out of Europe again. Will he make the same claims as this year - that it’s not down to the money…

1 Like

Thing is there net spend is so low sometimes because they’ve bought about five players and try and offload 2-3 of them every summer.

Same really goes for Chelsea, compared to us and other teams it’s harder to compare.

1 Like

I have a feeling they will go all out for Mbappé. Not only they will get a premium striker, they will also get one over their Arab rival.

Can see them signing Lautaro Martinez. After barca’s failed attempts and not being able to afford him this year you’d think Pep would be all over that like a gram of cocaine.

2 Likes

More full backs?

4 Likes

Might mix it with a few strikers too.

1 Like

This is precisely what FFP failed to curb. They were cheating, they tried to mask it somewhat, but it was obvious. But having got off with it, and not complied or cooperated with an investigation, they will now be emboldened, like all cheats, to be more profligate in their actions.

I’m a broken record, but it’s why I have no love, at all, for UEFA, FIFA, or most of the governing bodies for that matter.

They all want more games, more competitions, more money, more control.

The ESL was a bad attempt, but the underlying issues have not gone away, and watching Man City get away with it is galling to say the least. And the media won’t scrutinize them adequately either. They will be darlings again next season, on course for another quadruple… until they fall on their arses again.

The cheats.

9 Likes
2 Likes