Mark Clattenburg and favouritism

during his time as a ref, maybe you are right,

but right now, in my eyes, hes a hero,

cos he has came out and confirmed what we all knew,

the refs had Man Utd back,

that means there are alot of teams who were given biased opinions against them,
these decisions, were the difference against winning or loosing, been relegated or staying up,

alot of questions need to be answered, i wont hold my breath tho…

3 Likes

Klopp is spot on. Man Utd get a ridiculous amount of penalties. They also dive a lot, but are rarely called out on it. We dive very little, or exaggerate fouls against us very little, but as soon as say Mo goes over, it’s soft, or he’s a diver. We gutted kicked firm pillar to post most games and are wrestled to the ground a lot too, but it is very rarely given. And for the amount of play we generally have in the final third, and the pressure we exert in and around the box, the quantity of penalties we have is very low.

We are getting ripped off.

Will anything be done about it? Nope. There’s a sense in which they are starting to turn on Jurgen now. Very English trait. They love an underdog, or a charismatic fella who is box office, but as soon as he starts to win, they just want to knock him down a peg or two. Clattenberg, Sutton, loads of pundits all seem to have the knives out for Klopp and by extension Liverpool.

The answer is to hopefully rise above it and win anyway, but without a defence and with so much bias working against us from all angles, it will be massively difficult. If we do manage to win the league this season it will be an astonishing achievement.

As for a Clattenberg and Man Utd, he is right and it should be a massive story and an investigation, but it will blow over and amount to nothing.

9 Likes

We could potentially stray into the controversial Conspiracy thread from TIA, so I am careful as I don’t want to start WW3…

Clattenburg’s comments just underpin what some of us have suspected or said for years, Utd had (have) an agenda in their favour for years. Birne from SKY, Fergie, Murdoch etc…

5 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed over the past couple of months, on this forum and others, is more and more Liverpool fans are now of the opinion something stinks in the way our games are refereed. I genuinely don’t see how anyone could have an alternative view if they’d watched our games this season. The idea United are on a par with us now after finishing 30+ points behind us the last 2 seasons is fucking ludicrous.
The shift in thinking amongst our fan base is matched only by Jordan Henderson going from whipping boy in chief to all-time great in the space of 12 months.
As someone who has always admired Henderson’s qualities and what he brings to the team I like to think I’m right on both counts.

8 Likes

The game, the players and some snidey managers have gotten too clever and cute for today’s calibre of referee… Eventually VAR masters will rule the decisions on the pitch via a spontaneous message to the ‘Dork’ waddling around amongst the players with armed with a whistle, a can of whipped cream, and a couple of coloured autograph cards.
These fame hungry present day referee’s must suspect their days are numbered, and are floundering into the throes of irrelevancy and eventual obscurity…
Hey Ho, time is running out for them to make a name for themselves, so brace yourself for decisions to get even more ludicrous and downright wrong.!!

4 Likes

A simple question, why did Clattenburg come out and speak now, instead of last season when we were winning the league by a canter? :thinking:

Was there a gag order on him back then? Or is it simply the fact that we aren’t running away with the title again so any statements like those will get backing up from doom-monger (so called) pundits?

4 Likes