Match Starting Thread Idea?

Sir Klopptimist of victorious pre-match threads at your service.

1 Like

The right thread starter at the right time accounts for 90% of all possible points, the team 9%, squad health 0.9%, and the title 0.1%, so not very important in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: Oops, thread starter 40%, The Kop 50%.

1 Like

I beg to differ. Remember when some posters put the wrong kick off day or time in the thread title and it caused all kinds of confusion. You had players turning up at the wrong place, arriving a day early, all kind of disruptive shenanigans.

4 Likes

That was Sakho who used that excuse, everyone else had legitimate reasons. I thought this was common knowledge?

1 Like

I am the world’s worst gambler. When I say “worst” I don’t mean in an habitual way, I’m just no good at it.
So since around the 13-14 season I have a small punt on our close rivals to win as well as backing our opponents in matches to win.
The only time I’ve ever changed it was the Barca semi final 2nd leg. I still backed Barca to progress but had a sly £1 bet on us to win 4-0. The winnings covered my bets for a good part of the start of the next season. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I never go near us when betting I even try and avoid the odds.

Probably stems from whenever I picked a player in the fantasy team they would go on the worst run of form of their career and even if I removed them they wouldn’t get it back for weeks.

As for thread starting I did one and we lost though I think it was one of those friendlies so no one cared.

2 Likes

Why do you think I have Ronaldo (c) Lukaku De Bruyne Mendy and Havertz in my fantasy team! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sadly that doesn’t even work nowadays

2 Likes

It is a well known fact that the universe will only play along in this manner if it is players from your own team that you pick. If it is rival players you pick then the universe couldn’t give a rat’s arse

1 Like