Men's Olympic Football Tournament Tokyo 2021

The men’s Olympic football tournament (OFT) of the Tokyo 2020 Games will take place from 22 July to 7 August 2021 across six Japanese cities. The men’s OFT is made up of youth teams – with each participating country allowed to supplement their squad with three overage players.

Group A: Japan, South Africa, Mexico, France.

Group B: New Zealand, Korea Republic, Honduras, Romania.

Group C: Egypt, Spain, Argentina, Australia.

Group D: Brazil, Germany, Côte d’Ivoire, Saudi Arabia.

2 Likes

18 men squads will be confirmed by the end of June.

Players have to be born after January 1st 1999. Each team can bring in three players who are older than that.

Liverpool players who could take part:

• Minamino
  • Konate
  • Salah
  • Thiago (very unlikely)
  • the boys from Brazil (might want to go if the Copa gets cancelled or they miss out on the squad for it).
1 Like

After Germany won the Under21s EURO it will be interesting to see if any of them will be nominated.

One of the 3 senior players looks to be Max Kruse from Union Berlin.

Others who could travel are Götze, Draxler, Boateng or Henrichs.

2 Likes

Don’t give a fuck.

2 Likes
1 Like

Not keen, not keen, just say no.

2 Likes

Yeah, since the High Lords can’t force us, just pull the players off.

I’m sure we don’t have to send the players to this.

Erm, no thanks.

5 Likes

But what if the players want to.

1 Like

If Salah wants to play about 5 games for his team this year then I’d question that.

AFCON is one of those things and so sadly is this Arab cup but the Olympics is taking the piss frankly.

I’d say we let you go to those but not this, probably won’t even last that long to be honest.

1 Like

You’re such a prude.

4 Likes

Not in the slightest; it’s just that I won’t be volunteering my services for that particular task.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you say the Olympics are more ‚prestigious’ than the Arab Cup?

1 Like

Why not? :thinking:

Because “to pull off” is an euphemism for “to manually pleasure another”! :scream:

1 Like

:grimacing:

Thanks for explaining.

Brasil confirmed their squad for the Olympics.

Dani Alves trying to add another trophy to his collection.

2 Likes

Magalhaes is the Arsenal CB, so that will contribute to a rough start for them.

From a footballing perspective, probably yes. The Olympics is far more about the experience than it is the actual football, and the sort of players who revel in that are the ones slightly below elite, the sort who are going to overawed by coming across the likes of LeBron or Bolt in the Olympic village. Mo is the sort of person who is likely on their speed dial and can meet them for dinner whenever he wants so doesnt need to get a kick out of seeing them in the canteen.

Minamino not in the squad for Japan.

2 Likes