Michael Edwards

I reinstate it now - he’s actually passed away

1 Like

Announce by his family on twitter, so seems to be true this time

1 Like

Wish the family would actually keep their grief ‘and wish for privacy’ for the death of this football parasite private. The hyperbole and BS in that tweet just undermines whatever real personal stuff they say about the man - which seems to amount to never telling him how proud they were of him…

1 Like

Why the Raiola news is doing rounds in this thread?

1 Like

It was this or the Scottish Football thread

2 Likes

I don’t like the family tweet on his passing. It is all about his career. The thing about family is that what you do is very much secondary to who you are and with the best will in the world, he was a football agent, liked by some, disliked by many more, and er, so what? To the family that should be neither here nor there, because their beloved Mino is now dead.

Family stuff is usually brief, and about the person. Loving husband, father, brother, son, whatever… fought a good fight with illness, will be dearly missed… that sort of thing.

The tweet from the family reads like the tweet of an agent.

6 Likes

With Mo and the agent

Mikey has become cool as fuck.

2 Likes

Just remembered, Michael Edwards is leaving, that bus parade must have been his last day :frowning_face: :cry:
Good luck to him. He was a great Football Director.

I wonder where he will go next?

1 Like

He should just do freelance Director of Football. Ask clubs like PSG, Man United and Barcelona for 2 million quid for him to sign them players a transfer window. Would make some money doing that. Michael anymore career advice come to me.

Yeah, he can advise ManU to put in a bumper offer for Marius (better distribution than deGea so surely a steal at 25m) and Nate Phillips (sorry Nate!) is a big upgrade on Slabhead so great buying at 80m. I’m guessing he could even use his connections to get the deal down to 100m for the pair for United.

2 Likes

Marius? Fucking autocorrect

He’s a bit of a dictator though.

Sling something at the wall and call it news, once in a while, it may stick.

1 Like

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

I don’t think his next role is in club football. I think he said as much.

Chelsea under the new owner has me worried here

Really?!

As of right now he’s (Boehly) turned up and ripped the whole lot up, and he himself has taken on the hot seat. I imagine he knows little about footy - he’s already let the £100m striker leave on loan. They’ve lost their best CB’s, and now reliant on Thiago Silva (who might even be older than me!!!). I’m pretty relaxed about Chelsea right now.

He’s ripping it up to start fresh and is hugely analytics driven from what I’ve read

1 Like

Yes, but It’ll take time, and the owner’s already talking FFP so the big spending is done. Seems he’ll take an FSG type approach, and let him.

The approach only works if everyone’s in unison and all pulling in the same direction - we looked decent here and there under FSG, but it was only once Klopp was in, Edwards had sorted the background mess etc, that things picked up. Roman was successful - really successful - it’s not going to be a walk in the park to reach those levels with spending slashed.

I’d say Chelsea are less worrisome that Man City or Newcastle United.