Michael Edwards

Didn’t another super-agent die recently?

Never liked the guy, always thought he was just a swindler fat cat making himself rich - wanted him out of football agency - not quite like this though! RIP Mino.

Is this Man City trying to save some money and aggravation? No putting it past them. RIP if this is true.

This is a frightening thought, but thinking about it, I would’t put it past them either… :scream:

1 Like

Hes still alive.

My RIP message earlier retracted.

3 Likes

It must have been him too… :rofl:

Thought it was…

What a devious cunt! Fuck giving condolences to him next time :wink:

1 Like

The Man City threat worked. Mini stop screwing us around, watch how quick we can make you disappear.

He is actually critically ill.

1 Like

Micky leaving in the highest of highs. One last slam dunk before he jets off into the sunset.

1 Like

"The contracts of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane are currently set to expire on the same day in 14 months’ time and Klopp would like both of them to stay. Perhaps he will find a way to convince new sporting director Julian Ward to help ensure that happens.

Yesterday’s developments are not related to the departure of Ward’s predecessor but Klopp’s relationship with Michael Edwards – while constructive – had a different dynamic, given its longevity and the seniority established by the outgoing executive. With Ward taking over, Klopp’s life within the club is likely to become smoother."

Interesting comments about Edwards here:

3 Likes

Oh shit ARD incoming to use this as proof that Klopp wasnt getting what he wanted.

3 Likes

Its not always bad for Edwards and Klopp to have differing opinions on who to buy. Klopp wanted to have Julian Brandt and Edwards convinced him to take Salah. The important thing is Klopp was agreeable to see the merits in Edwards…

We can also include Klopp getting his favoured transfers of VVD , Alli across… Edwards might have had other transfers in mind but Klopp was pretty insistent that it was VVD he wanted.

Discussions can be constructive and its to the credit of both Edwards and Klopp that their working relationship worked for the benefit of LFC

2 Likes

I read that piece expecting to see that comment about his relationships with edwards and ward fleshed out. It wasnt which makes it an odd comment to just throw in there and then walk away from. I dont doubt that it will be harder for Ward to push back against Klopp that it was for Edwards, but that is not a good thing for any of us. Creative differences in this sort of area can be productive when the right personalities are involved, and one of Klopp’s strengths as a leader has always been giving other people room to exert their expertise. I think the moment Klopp starts trying to run rough shod over someone in a key role is the point at which he starts losing what has made him so good. I also would not be surprised at all if Klopp threw Ward a win very early in his tenure, being aware of this new dynamic and not wanting a yes man, and so is willing to publicly (within the confines of the backroom) lose one to help Ward gain some stature.

7 Likes

I agree mate. I assumed it was maybe relating to Gini and the fact Klopp wanted to keep him but it was not his decision. I still see that happening even without Edwards there though. Will be interesting to see what happens with Milner this summer and Firmino if Mane and Salah get new contracts.

Milner has already been offered a new deal.

Actually reports at the time said that when the price escalated to £75m, Klopp wanted to pull the plug given the money involved. It was Edwards, Werner and Henry who talked him round and told him to forget about the money.

3 Likes

Swabian

1 Like

Not so many will get that connection. Perhaps that was your intention @Bekloppt.