Michael Edwards

What, you think he’s finished?!

Gotta say, the way we operate these days…signing someone like Thiago as well. That tells all other potential targets that we’re looking to dominate football for the foreseeable future.

If players weren’t already interested in joining us they’re going to be positively rioting to come here.

4 Likes

He has just been warming up all this time. Then he came, he saw, he conquered.

This guy is like the Chuck Norris of the football world,but better.

2 Likes

Michael Edwards waltzed into the office , sat in his chair looked at Klopp and then said “Thy bidding will be done”

2 Likes

He’s probably the better actor too.

4 Likes

Is right

4 Likes

I remember early in the Klopp era when the reshuffle happened and Edwards was appointed. Klopp said something to the effect of “he was being wasted and we needed to move things around to utilize him correctly”

Turns out Klopp has an eye for talent off the pitch as well…

5 Likes

Breaking news: Michael Edwards is wanted in Germany on accounts of daylight robbery and public embarrassment of Germany’s largest sporting institution after being accused of ‘pulling the pants down’ of Bayern Munich executives.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Is he even human?

The most incredible thing is not that he’s doing phenomenal business, but that he’s somehow still doing so despite years of taking other clubs to the cleaners.

I’m amazed they don’t run for the hills the moment they see him coming :rofl:

6 Likes

:joy:

5 Likes

It’s a good point you make.

He’s not only doing great work for us purely on a transfer side of things, but he’s also somehow continually managing to convince other clubs that the business they do with us is in THEIR best interest.

The Thiago case in point: “Damn, sorry Bayern, we are skint due to this little pandemic thing. We’d love to pay you the whole lot, but we just don’t have it on us at the moment. But we’re a PL club, you know we are good for it! Just let us pay you 5 bucks a day for the next 20,000 years, Ok?”

Bayern: “Ja ja, that is fine. Here is a world class midfielder. Enjoy!”

Literally the Next minute… Liverpool announce another signing for nearly double the Thiago fee.

If I were a club, I’d be extremely worried as soon as I get any email from LFC.

3 Likes

The problem with this approach is clubs will quick cotton on to the tactic and start playing hardball in their negotiating with us meaning it will become more and more difficult for the club to find these gems at a good price

1 Like

Yeah… but people have been saying this since we signed Salah!

Still waiting…

8 Likes

Is that when Monchi pulled his pants down? :wink:

The funniest thing about that is not only did Edwards get Salah for a great deal but that JWH even persuaded James Palotta (the Roma president) to buy him lunch to make up for us overpaying. Haha. That’s just mugging them off twice.

8 Likes

There’s a lot of background work and research that might be going in as well to make him front end such incredible negotiations. He would be having all data about the club he’s negotiating with, the player, what other options we have plus a very solid data based valuation and reasoning in why he’s saying what he’s saying. He still has to do the actual work, but it wouldn’t have been this easy if he wasn’t backed with a team who are very thorough on the research for the negotiations. So many probably working behind the scenes to make this a repetitive success.

9 Likes

True, it’s like a band. The frontman on vocals and lead guitar gets all the plaudits, but it’s the other 3 or 4 blokes behind making the whole thing work as a whole.

Doubt we’ll ever hear of them or read their names, but the whole scouting team here have been revolutionary. Need only look at us before and after we changed our set up.

11 Likes

Yep it’s a huge effort over many years and I think the cherry on top is the absolute lure of working for Klopp… knowing a player is desperate to play for us makes our hand overly strong in negotiations, the right type of player, who will have his agent only negotiate with us etc.

7 Likes

Plus, as @Prolix has said, very damaging kompromat

1 Like

It’s a perfect combination at LFC right now. Great analysis, the irresistable lure of working with Klopp, shrewd negotiation and fantastic player development to round it all off. No surprise we’re the best team in the world.