Michael Edwards

https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1763246584521719832

I think thereā€™s been some confusion on whatā€™s being said today, particularly from David Ornstein. I havenā€™t listened to the podcast, but it feels like some have interpreted it as Edwards not wanting to return at all, whilst others have interpreted it as Edwards wanting a broader role (i.e. stake in FSG), which fits with all the stuff that came out yesterday.

I think it impacts a Sporting Director appointment only ever so slightly. If we donā€™t get Edwards, then Gordon and co can make the final decision. If we do get Edwards, then heā€™ll sit in on the final decision (if one hasnā€™t been made already).

Is that new information? Yesterday it was reported he showed no interest in coming back when they last approached him and neither side has had contact with each other since, but FSG are confident they can get him a role that works.

Seems like rehashing the same brief that all the journalists have clearly had but focusing on different sentences.

Nail on the head.

Like any ā€œnewā€ Xabi tweets - itā€™s all rehashing. Sports Journoā€™s yearn for being on the pulse, that they often make shit up, that is either obvious rehashing of what were non-news stories in the first instance.

1 Like

Yeah club put some info out yesterday I guess and it was spun a number of different ways. I think itā€™s clear he doesnā€™t want to come back as sporting director but things seem a foot on a different trajectory.

Probably always being the smartest guy in the room, he wonā€™t want to come back if he has to answer to some numpty, that may, or may not, get appointed as his senior

Iā€™m sure I read that offering equity in FSG is a thing theyā€™ve done in the past with Baseball.

1 Like

Yeah but they got you to click on it though didnā€™t they?

It is exactly what they did with Epstein, the guy Sweeting and I were discussing a few posts up, less than a month ago

1 Like

Jeffrey?

Brian

Why do you think our youth recruitment is so good these days? Coincidence?

Sure but I expect heā€™d have focused on the ladies squad. Arent they shite?

Itā€™s Theo Epstein to be clear

He should beg to come back. We do not beg. Move on.

1 Like

I never liked the guy.

Fucking loner with a laptop. Heā€™d never make it in Adelaide.

Heā€™d certainly be out of place with anything as up to date as a laptop. Theyā€™re still excited about the typewriter down there apparently.

1 Like

You just wait untill they discover runnning water.
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

[quote=ā€œaussielad, post:462, topic:590, full:trueā€]
You just wait untill they discover runnning water.

ā€¦you called

2 Likes