Midlife Career Change

This is so brilliant @gasband

Doing stand up after a big career change, less income, more life.

Hats off to you sir!

1 Like

Got a call yesterday.
Start in a couple of weeks.

6 Likes

Nice one mate, congrats.

What is the new job?

1 Like

Tory Minister :wink::rofl:

So it’s a tempory job till the end of this year?

Shadow ministry pay and working conditions will suit Dane just fine I’m guessing. Plenty of time for constituent meetings at Anfield and other grounds.

Not sure that would last that long…

Does it involve a team?

Arne?

Do u have a big personality to follow?

You messaging a reply to yourself @Wilkored08 ? You can get treatment for that :0)

Yeah…pressed wrong reply thingy…

Do u have a big personality to follow…

gave notice at my job on Friday, leaving the role I’ve been doing for 29yrs for a foray into management. they called, I answered. back to commuting 5 days a week which doesn’t thrill me.

1 Like

Congrats on the change mate.

As for mine, have just started a course for Cyber Security. Will be doing it part time along side work so no giving up the job for me yet, but hopefully I can find a new role later in the next few months

1 Like

You’re welcome

Why do it, then?

Don’t knock it if you haven’t tried it.

Just saying.

I wanted to post this in the What’s Happening thread, then I stumbled on this one.

It’s been a week that I have resumed working in an office. Last 5-6 years I have been working from home and working as freelance or on projects. Going back to office poses some challenges:

Challenge 1: I have to get out of my house and if that wasn’t terrifying enough, I have to dare the dreaded Dhaka traffic.

Challenge 2: I have to work with people and if that wasn’t terrifying enough, there’s always a load of people around me.

Challenge 3: All my life, I have worked in marketing, brand, or communication. Now, I work in commercial and administration.

2 Likes

I await the video of you taking three 12” dildos at once.

Don’t knock it if you haven’t tried it.

Just saying.