Mikey’s Millions 2024

You Got It Ok GIF by Playboy Fragrances

I’ll most likely be proven wrong, but I’m not expecting a lot of outgoing business in Slot’s first summer (outside of the contract expiries we know about), as I’m sure he’s going to want to take a good solid look at all the players before making decisions on whether to keep or not.

3 Likes

Adrian 2M
R.Williams 4M
N.Phillips 6M
Salah 55M
Carvalho 15M

Isnt Adrian on a year by year basis?

Sesame Street Idk GIF

SVDB10m
Ramsay 6m
Morton 12m
Phillips 4m
Carvalho 15m
Williams 2m
Chambers 6m
Koumetio 5m
Lewis 5m
Arroyo 4m

Wouldn’t be surprised if we have a fairly quiet summer in terms of outgoings, apart from the ones we know are definitely leaving, but in the spirit of the game:

Kelleher - £25m
Sepp VDB - £12m
Tsimikas - £15m
Williams - £2m
Nunez - £40m
Salah - £70m
Phillips - £2m
Carvalho - £8m

1 Like

I hope that Hughes and Edwards read this, so that I can respond with a “…and I took that personally” meme when they sell both for gazillion pounds.

I did deliberate a fee for Darwin for a bit, in the end I went for a number I could actually see another club paying lol. I think we overpaid a bit for potential off the back of a good season, while I don’t think he’s really developed over the past couple of years and in fact has become a bit of a meme (a bit unfairly in my mind, but still).

With Mo it was mainly because he’s only got a year left on his deal, and seems to be on the decline now, which wasn’t the case last summer…

2 Likes

Joking aside, I don’t think that club can get more money for Salah but I think that something better can be done with Nunez (after all, he’s Mendes’ client and he’s young enough, I’m sure he can convince a club like PSG or Atletico Madrid to take Nunez off our hands). Again, I’d still rather see Diaz sold but we’ll see. Which reminds me, I have to post my entry into this competition. :joy:

It will be interesting to see if transfer prices are a bit lower overall, as clubs cut their cloth within the rules (Man City notwithstanding, obviously).

The challenge is finding a club that will pay those sums to us, rather than sign a player from another club, and the player will happily move to.

I think Nunez will stay and I look forward to seeing what he might do under Slot.

Salah to the Saudis makes financial sense for us, but in a footballing level, he is much better than that, and it is hard to imagine why he would give up time at the top that he doesn’t have to yet. He can have another go for the Prem and CL. Future Saudi riches will still be there if he wants them, but you are a long time retired, and your years playing at the top are fleeting.

I suspect a one year extension to preserve some future value, but we’ll see, as there has to be incentive for Mo to do that.

Outgoings

Salah - 50m
Kelleher - 20m
Diaz - 50m
Tsimikas - 13m

Salah’s price is indicative of him joining Saudi Leagues. No other club is going to offer them the paycheck that they are which will hinder us somewhat to get really good money.

One of Diaz and Nunez I reckon need to go. I like both of them but they do not seem to be getting goals (which is one of their main roles). I’d say it’s more likely that Diaz leaves as his stock is probably a bit higher than Nunez at the moment (and hence he’s more liable to get a better price especially if Broke Barca come calling)

Tsimikas - has done his time and we need to be looking at a potential replacement/upgrade over Robbo and Tsimikas isn’t the guy. He can go with my best wishes to any Italian League club. Even Feyenoord won’t be a bad call for him if we do end up taking their LB.

Kelleher - he needs to go for his own good. Injuries to GK’s in general are rare and a mid table PL club would do well to get him. Again not sure we will get fair market price for him because the club won’t like holding on to him for longer.

Unfortunately we seem to have the one for whom that’s not the case.

Fully agree Allison misses far too many games for a goalkeeper and hes not getting any younger. This is the toughest question do you live for the now or plan for the future.

1 Like

Alisson has shown why buying keepers like him is a no brainer.

While Kelleher has done admirably well covering for Alisson , he’s not in that level as a keeper. No one in the world basically is.

While Ali has had his share of injuries , I think he’s due for an injury free season coming up. His injuries almost always seem to occur every 2nd season or so.

Keepers can play upto the mid to late 30s on a very high level so age shouldn’t be the constraint at all.

2 Likes

And ideally, I’d extend Kelleher’s contract and then send him on a loan to a UCL playing club with some match guarantees for the next season. I don’t want to lose him but he needs to be playing more football at this stage in his career.

But that’s assuming there’s a club like Leverkusen etc who are willing to take a keeper on loan and still give him the matches. As we’ve seen with loans , there’s no impetus on the club to play the loaned player often.

I don’t understand the logic really. He’s not good enough to be first choice so he’s either available to us as a back up or he’s not worth having. Being out on loan doesn’t help, we aren’t trying to develop him into Alisson’s successor.

4 Likes

Agreed. I don’t see the point of a loan, if he wants to leave, we should be looking to sell permanently.