Mikey’s Millions 2024

Stop buttering up that guy. It’s well into July and he hasn’t yet sold £5m worth.

4 Likes

He certainly is. If those fees for Awoniyi and Grujic are correct then that’s 10 million more than I had predicted for those two. And in the current diseased climate getting 17 million for them really good going.

1 Like

Yeah, £2.5m more than I had predicted. Let’s wait to see what transfermarkt lists them as though!

@Euphoria and @ZinedineBiscan bang on with a combined £17m.

5 Likes

I had Grujic for 10 mil and Awoniyi for 6 mil :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Transfermarkt have given Grujic’s value at £10.98m

Only @Klopptimist , @KY_TNRed and @Sithbare did not have Marko on their list.

Mikey’s running total is £14.13 million.

4 Likes

Sounds like we can well expect Phillips and Wilson to follow shortly after Awoniyi is confirmed (probably today or tomorrow), which all told should push us up to around £45m in sales.

I’d hope we might see another signing after that, as it’s a healthy amount plus lots of squad space freed up.

2 Likes

Think with Phillips going either Davies would also be sold or Williams would be loaned (or even both) and at that stage it’d be appropriate, and enough room created, to bring in another CB. That would be my hope at least with VvD, Gomez and Matip all coming back from big injuries (and in my opinion Matip not having a long term future here) along with new (and poor injury history) Konate being the real options. Max of one of Phantom Davies or promising but YOUNG Williams around as cover possibly neither.

Presumed he’d be loaned again awaiting a more buoyant market. Ahem…

1 Like

Transfermarkt have given Taiwo’s fee as £6.75m. Only @jgw_geneseo and @Quicksand omitted him.

Mikey’s running total is now £20.88m

4 Likes

I believe that makes you, with £18m, the closest to the aggregate of those two sales (£17.73m)?

:eyes:

We’ve had three sales- Grabara, Grujic and Awoniyi. Some people have all three; haven’t had a chance to check the running totals yet.

2 Likes

Edwards current total: £20.4m
@Prolix current total: £21m :smirk:

(I realise the aim is to be closest without going over, but I’m quite pleased to be right in the ballpark.)

3 Likes

Hope, Iftikhar, Mascot, Nikola, RedOpium are among those who have got all three so far. @Nikola I believe is the closest to the current running total with £21.5m…
Doffs cap to @Prolix sorry mate, no way should I have missed you!

1 Like

Also Liam Millar to Basel but I don’t know if anyone had him.

1 Like

Plus Transfermarkt considers him a transfer from Liverpool U23.

Grabara as well… :eyes:

Didn’t you have him for 500K? Did you drop him afterwards?

That’s less convenient for me. :grin:

1 Like

I can’t remember but in fairness I listed most of the U23 squad before I realised we had a limit

1 Like

To clarify: Transfermarkt may make a distinction between the first team and the U23 squad but this competition does not.

Any player on our books who is sold counts.

5 Likes