Mikey’s Millions 2024

I’ve just realised that two of my ten haven’t been sold but have left on loan…
Lewis to Livingstone and Arroyo to CD Mirandes

1 Like

So are we at £22.23m then or because nobody had Millar is he not included in Mikey’s total?

1 Like

Good question.

I think we’ll include all sales with a value, so not free transfers, players being released or “undisclosed” or “nominal” fees. So we’ll include Millar in the overall sales, even though nobody had him in the competition.

Mikey’s revised running total is therefore £22.23m.

However, as stipulated in the opening post, if it comes down to a tiebreaker it will be the entry with the closest total amongst their correct selections which wins… without busting, of course.

If all entries in the tie-break bust, then whoever is closest (ie busts by the smallest margin) wins.

4 Likes

@RedOpium @Quicksand @RedOverTheWater and @Euphoria almost bullseye with Wilson.
:dart:

2 Likes

Ooh… I see Transfermarkt now has Grujic as a loan, with permanent transfer agreed for next season…

But he only has 1 Yr left on his contract doesn’t he?

Think it’s an obligation to buy. Basically our club see it as complete because he’s not coming back. They see it as loan as they’re only paying £1m now and then the deal kicks in next summer. Probably some reason they have to be careful about announcing it before it happens I don’t know? That’s the suggestions I’ve seen to explain the confusion.

1 Like

23m selling squad players ain’t bad.

Neco going for 10 and we’d probably ger a first teamer.

:eyes:

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:

2 Likes

So Mike’s on about 34 now?

I had him going for 5m only… I’ve been totally surprised by how the market seems unaffected by covid-19… :sweat:

1 Like

I had Awoniyi for 4 and Wilson for 14 - so I’m dead on for the pair…

If only I wasn’t 5m too high on Grujic

Is Wilson £11.25m?

I’m just going with round numbers

Transfermarkt now as Awoniyi as sold for £5.85m and Grujic’s loan fee as £900k.

:eyes:

1 Like

Yeah; given that things are a-changing all the time, for the purposes of this competition we will use the final values given by Transfermarkt at 09:00 (or whenever I wake up) on 1st September.

Given that Grujic is apparently a loan with an obligation to buy, we will stick with the final loan fee + buy out total quoted on Transfermarkt on 1st September. The same will apply to any other similar deals, not that I can foresee too many of those.

5 Likes

We won’t get any money from the Wilson deal until 2022 according to Pearce.

Well, it’s only six months. I think most of the deals will be structured in a way that’s attractive to the buying clubs. Our target market doesn’t have rich benefactors and has been badly bruised by COVID.

2 Likes

Currently transfermarkt has Wilson’s fee as £12.6m.