Mohamed SALAH: 2022/23

I knew I shouldn’t have got into a discussion with you, as you are blinkered in protecting our players, which is so apparent in many discussions I have seen you have with others. If you think he is playing well and it is everybody else’s fault that I can’t change it what you think.

Reminder what this guy can still do (ignore the friendlies played in dubai)…this is from this season, and I know he hasn’t been like this in every game but the quality is still there for everyone to see…far from someone who’s downed tools anyway.

Actually when you look at that video, nearly all his good work wasn’t receiving the ball wide on the right touchline but being in motion with other players around him to use as options.

We just aren’t seeing this and maybe if we can release him to play up top as a 2 man attack with options around him he can reignite his fire and our season.

The more I am looking at who we have available the more I see a 3 5 2 formation, with options in midfield and Trent wide playing through balls and providing the width.

And this is my call that he needs extra support when key players are out which the players can’t seem to do…i.e players around him to feed off, that video is (not that I didn’t know it already) gives me more than enough belief that he can find his mojo.

I can see a 352 working out, I can’t see Klopp going for it…he’s very set in his ways and I don’t believe he’s ever used that formation.

& I know it’s very cliche but our injuries haven’t helped…everyone knew when they saw the line up against Brighton what we were in for…very defensive and no Virgil to marshall things atb. Salah only had Gakpo up in support.

v Forest again, look at the team…we had Matip out, Klopp went for Milner at RB…Nunez was out…selecting a midfield 3 of Fabinho Jones and Harvey was outrageous, and front 3 of Carvalho Firmino and Salah…that was never gonna work, may as well have given them the 3 points before the game.

It’s been tough for Mo because he hasn’t had the support he’s used to.

Our midfielders have the perfect strategy with our forwards, and that is to pass to them when they are double teamed, and then make sure they move to a position where they can not receive the ball. Genius.

1 Like

Or in Hendo’s case boot the ball as far as possible when an opposition player is nearby because he doesnt have the technical ability to get the ball down and play…and then stand still and shouts at the forwards for not making up 50 yards to get on the end of it.

Nunez will end up being top scorer this season… just saying!
Hope that is not too much of a bitter pill for MO to accept when it happens

Maybe if MO was at the meeting, instead of being enticed by them to go to PSG, it was purely to offer a reference to some background stuff on LFC pre (real or Imaginery)bid…
One thing we can certainly acknowledge FSG for… they never ever seemed to interfere with team selections or put undue pressure on Jurgen…
Imagine getting a set of owners that demanded certain players were first name/s on the team-sheet every game… Imagine having to select a player who was clearly past his best and still rapidly declining, yet was playing purely because the owners call the shots on such matters…
Imagine having owners that fired off the manager because he stood by his footballing principles and challenged such interference…
Like others have said on here… we need to be careful what we wish for…

1 Like

I’ve literally said that wasn’t the point, and I’ve said what I think he’s done terribly this season.

How does that equate to me thinking he’s playing well? All I’ve done is disagree that it’s the decision making that’s the problem. I think it’s the execution of the decisions.

You think he’s trying to do it all himself, when the stats you post suggest the opposite. @Semmy is in another thread talking about how he doesn’t take on his man anymore, which is quite literally the opposite of your suggestion.

I’m pretty sure I’ve said it before in another context, but breaking down the seasons into halves, his pre-AFCON season had the same underlying numbers (except actual conversions into goals) as his post-AFCON season, but this season has seen a decline in those numbers, which translated for you, means he’s been poor this season compared to his usual self.

That still doesn’t mean

It just means he’s been shit at what he does this season.

Looking at the list of players in squad, we don’t have anyone that can realistically challenge’s Mo Salah’s position on the field yet.

If you continue to play a system that covers for MO…

His form is abysmal, unless he starts to improve I’d be selling him… £400k a week and failing at the basics week in week out.

2 Likes

It’s definitely time to cash in if we can get a good offer. Let him regress somewhere else.

That was a bad performance today, yeah. Lately, I didn’t have much issues with his performances, but today, we needed better stuff from him.

1 Like

Mo Salah failed to register a shot on target for the third successive Premier League game yesterday.

Is it a blip or is he simply past it?

For me he just hasn’t been himself since the Afcon, yes he has still scored but the threat from him overall is way down from what he used to be. He just does the same thing the whole time by cutting inside and looking for a shot or pass, he needs to be able to go to the byline and use his right foot as that is where defenders are showing him, atm he is too predictable

2 Likes

Is losing it slightly however this is not the issue.

• Gets terrible service.
  • Marked really well, normally by two players.
  • Teammates are not providing options when he has the ball.
  • Very predictable.

Our forwards and defence struggle immensely due to our drop in quality (form) from midfield.

2 Likes

Mo and Darwin are missing Bobby.

Im missing Bobby

1 Like

And Diaz and Jota and van Dijk, hell I’m even missing the Melo who he was at Barcelona.

It has been a tough, tough season so far.