Mohamed SALAH: 2022/23

https://twitter.com/MoSalah/status/1661841537200713729?t=1MSjbpEjSAhHDp9kQshEfA&s=19

1 Like

Because of this post media will jump on the ā€˜Mo Salah is unhappy and wants to leaveā€™ train for the next few weeks. There was no need for that.

Where is the signal that he wants to put things right next season?

Clearly an agent driven post.

Disappointed with Mo.

2 Likes

Who cares?

Mo doesnā€™t post any of this with any care or thought where the media take this, neither should weā€¦weā€™ve been down this road year after year. What will be will be, itā€™s in Moā€™s DNA to give his all any time heā€™s on the pitch, he doesnā€™t need to write it in black and white for us to know that.

Or heā€™s devastated not to be in the CL and apologising to fans :man_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

More inclined to that this.

1 Like

If Mo feels responsibleā€¦think how the Everton team are responding to their fansā€¦also Chelskis and Spursyā€¦cmon Moā€¦Sunday looms and you have a chance to Smash emā€¦

Heā€™a been a true professional throughout his time with us and one of our best players ever. Donā€™t understand why fans so keen to stick the boot in

3 Likes

I opined a while ago that if we donā€™t finish in the CL spots, Mo might be a possible departure. He has been world class for us, and he is a consummate professional. That said, for world class high profile players, the CL has a lot of cachet. At Salahā€™s stage of career he will not want to spend too much time, if any, outside the CL looking in.

If Mo wants to stay, conversation over. He is brilliant, and is, of course, our most reliable source of goals.

But if he is open to a move - and itā€™s not difficult, for example, to see the likes of PSG being interested, then it is something we would have to consider.

The tweet feels a bit stage managed to me. Unequivocal commitment would say something like sorry, but we will double down on putting it right to get back in next season. Or something to that effect. This tweet does not look ahead like that, and it does not talk about putting things right next season.

As such, it can be open to interpretation. Mo has been around the block and he knows that.

This is something to watch, imo.

2 Likes

He literally says he doesnā€™t feel like uplifting or optimistic posting. The guy is an elite player gutted to be missing the top competition. Heā€™ll be back next year banging them in for us, with a better midfield behind him :+1:

11 Likes

You are probably right! (Definitely right on the elite thing).

I have doubts as to where he will be, but we will see.

I think to say that Salah is using this to push for a move away is too much. I think Salah respects the club and fans too much. However, that does not mean that when dusts had settled after the season ends this weekend that he might be thinking about his next move. Always believed that the club and him renewed the contract with both wanting to protect the clubā€™s financial interests in his value. I think this summer will always see bids coming in for a player like Salah especially with big clubs elsewhere seeing Liverpool trying to renew the team and so a sizeable bid might tempt Liverpool and Salah to move on and at 30, if Salah wants to move to another big club, this might be the summer. And not being in the CL might just be an additional factor but I am sure this will not be the only factor, Salah is way too respectful to do that.

BUT, from my point of view, he still has at least another season or two producing top football with us and hope he might see that bringing us back to the top again in the next 2 seasons as a motivating factor for him to leave Anfield on a great note.

His penalty misses havenā€™t helped ā€¦ all 2 of them :stuck_out_tongue:

Salah isnā€™t going anywhere unless he pushes for it. He was just expressing his disappointment/frustration but he would have been better off posting it to the teamā€™s whatsapp.

The fans canā€™t do anything about it, itā€™s the team that performed embarrassingly for 3/4 of the season that needs to set things right.

1 Like

One of lifes mysteries.
You never know what you have until its gone.

There are Liverpool fans who loved Origi more than Salah.

Yeah I think he is having a dig at himself for those penalty misses. :grin:

Mo has quietly had a decent season but if we want to get harsh - those 2 pen misses give us 6 points and CL football but I think thatā€™s really harsh so no blame attached at all.
Truth is if you lose to teams who are shit you donā€™t deserve top 4.
Wolves, Leeds, Bournemouth and Forest - you donā€™t deserve top 4 it really is as simple as that.
If I were him id flip it and think we were dire for most of the season and at one point it looked like 8-10th would be where we would finish but somehow we have Euro footie next season.
I think what makes it hard to take is that this United team and even Newcastle arent that special and wouldnt have got top 4 in previous few seasons.

2 Likes

Iā€™m with the more positive interpretations of this tweet.

If Mo wants out he can simply say to Jurgen and Co, and they will let him leave if a fair offer is there. He doesnā€™t need to stage manage anything.

1 Like

Heā€™s been shifted about a bit as we try to acccomidate new strikers. Never complained. Yes hasnā€™t been as consistent as previous seasons but still finished with most goals and assists

1 Like

Jurgen Klopp on Mo Salahā€™s message to fans:
ā€œIā€™m a bit worried about the headlines you create with the things I say so do me a favour and try your best! Of course the moment we find out we canā€™t qualify, we draw a line underneath it.ā€ #lfc [lfc]

Klopp: ā€œI am optimistic but in that moment I couldnā€™t see it. Itā€™s completely normal in the world of social media, so many bad things happen constantly but I donā€™t think Moā€™s message was one of them. He was right, but in an hour later in the canteen, he was smiling.ā€

3 Likes

The 2 missed penalties would have given us 3 extra points (had nothing else changed in those games), not 6.

2 Likes