Indykalia was right… :scream:

1 Like

Let’s face it no player is worth over about 500k

1 Like

Dom/Mac/Caicedo/Bajcetic/Jones/Elliott.

Not a single player over 24.

Our midfield is sorted for a decade.

6 Likes

Mind you losing Milner, he will still be playing then.

1 Like

Unless it’s their turn to do the beer run.

Has anyone seen 10 games by the way?

TERADEPORTES

@Teradeportes

The most expensive Ecuadorian in history!!!

Against all odds even for Moisés’ people, but an agreement was reached in the last few hours between Brighton and Liverpool for a total of $140 million dollars and tomorrow Caicedo, who also already has an agreement on personal terms, will travel to Liverpool for medical tests.

The Ecuadorian breaks the transfer value record in England and is the most expensive Ecuadorian in history.

what 10 games??

Haha.

Alright, then.

Well this is shocking, and £100m is absolutely batshit crazy, but the long and the short of it is that I would prefer to have Caicedo in my team than play against him.

An interesting tactical aspect is that Caicedo is probably the best option for accomodating Trent’s movement into midfield. You imagine Caicedo is the base with Trent coming in to create the box (what a fucking box that is by the way) and then you have either Caicedo or Trent bail back into defence should the press get bypassed.

I do think this transfer changes the tactical plan from Lavia. I do not believe Lavia has that same flexibility in his movement (but I’m very high on him and would still love to sign him). Lavia would play the LCM role when on the pitch with Trent next to him but I think this would still have Mac Allister as the starting LCM/DM, however you want to phrase it. Caicedo will obviously be the starting DM but could also play the Alexander-Arnold role.

I still want Lavia but I’m being greedy :joy:

5 Likes

so they held an auction with a midnight cutoff… so no take backs then… looks like chelsea went up to 100 million

This can’t be right. I’m reliably informed by some 13 year old with a blue tick on Twitter and a footballer in his picture that FSG would never spend this much money #fakenews

3 Likes

me and you both…i still want lavia too

1 Like

https://twitter.com/skysports_sheth/status/1689800674656108544

Any plans with Caicedo being able to play right back or is that like a fabinho kind of thing with when he happened to play right back but will never be used there.

I was upset when we didn’t sign Kante from Leicester…it just shows you what a true DM can bring to the squad. We need that with our shaky ass defense and Trent playing CF/LW/RB/CM/CDM/etc etc.

He’d better be ready for Sunday…

He is not play right back, but with Trent spend most of time in midfield, the DM need to cover rightback space alot and will occupy as rightback many occasions in gameplay. Its will reduce workload for konate IMO. That make Caicedo more valuable than Lavia for us right now. But I still rate Lavia potential more.

If all things go to plan Chelsea fans will get to see Caicedo at Stamford Bridge on Sunday - nabbed from Twitter but pretend I made this up

1 Like