Money, Investments and the Economy

Maybe the larger point is that he’s grown two very different companies to very impressive (and profitable) growth. He’s surely the most accomplished entrepreneur since Steve Jobs.

I think got air is right. Tesla valuation makes no sense and I certainly wouldn’t want to be long the stock over the next 5 years.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hopefully they fuck off completely.

doubtful. the market for electric cars still rising dramatically. the holdback on Tesla growth is their sheer ability to produce cars en masse

the local Hyundai dealer here is making an absolute killing with their EV’s and hybrids. they cannot keep stock.

1 Like

:thinking:

For bitcoin $16K seems the new line in the sand.

Or read “we’re forcing people to call useless call centres and use the very basic functions of online banking”

“Hello, I’m calling to notify you of a change of our registered business address”
Welcome to a 4 hour conversation which could have been sorted in the branch in 20 minutes…

1 Like

great, so the prices of GPU’s will finally come back down to fucking earth.

3 Likes

I didn’t get into it when the prices were insane. Wish I had have done several years ago mind. Forget the GPU, it’s the power that kills now.

the cryptominer demand on GPU for building their farms have driven up the prices of graphics cards, they were impossible to find for a while. When I was looking to upgrade some hardware a few years back, I got lucky to come a cross a guy liquidating brand new GTX 1070ti’s (50 of them !!!) from a crypto startup that he ran out of money before he got started. bought two of them

1 Like

Uh oh.

2 Likes

Duh.

1 Like

Not a great day for him either, even discounting how a crowd of people booed him at the Chappelle show. Tesla stock down 6.3% today, so he’s no longer richest, even before wondering what his Twitter stake is really worth.

Go run your valuable companies, dude!

1 Like

I am so difficult to please. Vibing on Richard’s Gere comments from Pretty Woman about wanting to actually build things, seeing a non-tech bro with real tangible products as the richest person in the world is refreshing. Until you see that his money comes from fucking handbags, shoes and jewelry.

2 Likes

Worth pointing out that despite waiting on what is expected to be positive Q4 growth, the share price has fallen a further 25% in the short time since I posted that. They are now at a 2 year low, with that comparable price coming from a point at which they had still not yet posted their first full year of profitability.

1 Like