Position: Midfielder
Height: 1.72m
Weight: 64kg
D.O.B.: 10.02.1995.
Town of Birth: Conakry
Country of Birth: Guinea
Nationality: Guinean

1 Like

New season, new hope. I wish this is the season he’ll come through! Personally haven’t given up on him yet. Give us one injury free season Naby laaaaad…

8 Likes

If only he could stay fit he would be up for player of the season.

3 Likes

Too many ‘Grocks’ in the Premier league will be out to put him out of his stride during the games…
Dyche’s Barbarians suddenly spring to mind…
Here is hoping otherwise though… we need everyone pulling their weight this season

1 Like

The way he played against Hertha he will be excellent this season, with good interventions, strong on the ball and in passing, and that one move … ohlala, the pure class now stay fit Keïta!

2 Likes

1 more season of me hoping all will be good. If he can stay fit till the first international call up, and come back injury free, then and only then will I allow myself to think there is hope.

time will crawl GIF

God, if he could just stay fit…

5 Likes

Arguably our best player today (certainly in the top 3), quietly did a lot of clean stuff in and without possession. What I don’t like and still can’t get my head around is Klopp constantly giving Millie that LCM spot when he was moved from the #6 position. Why does he have to go there when Fabinho came on? Leave Keita complete his good match at LCM and put Millie at RCM. We don’t have to chop and change those #8’s in every game/situation/context. Understand if he wanted extra protection for Tsimikas (another one of our top performers, a few little brainfarts aside, but these are his first serious minutes in the league).

3 Likes

Yeah Keita was superb, his pressing was elite and even when he didn’t win the ball back he constantly caused Norwich problems by getting touches on the ball, slowing them down etc. Quite a few times the looked to play out quickly through Aarons and he was able to get a slight touch that on the ball that made Aarons have to take an extra second to control it again - by then Keita and Mane were swarming him.

6 Likes

He was good, he’s actually always been good whenever he plays. The only concern about him is his injuries and never his playing abilities. His stats as well were not bad today.

95% Pass accuracy
1 Big chance created
6/7 Tackles won
6/12 Ground duels won

4 Likes

No he hasn’t! :grinning:

Almost always :wink:

2 Likes

He was ok today without being very good… if that makes sense

1 Like

Yes it does, he did not impress me at all, thought our midfield until Fabinho came on was average.

I’m amazed (not really) people are picking fault with him. Milner and Chamberlain were rubbish, Naby was the only one in midield doing anything before Fabinho came on the pitch.

3 Likes

That’s complete poppycock. The one thing that stuck in my mind was the work AOC was doing to win the ball back and Naby picking up the second ball Naby created. Then there was Milner do a good job covering loads of space. There really wasn’t a stand out player in midfield they all worked well.
Things changed when Fabs came on as he stepped up 2 and then more meters and the rest followed him. That looked good and gave Firmino a chance to show something imo.
So I thought the mid showed good balance and good sense. Starting with Fabs will make it better but there really shouldn’t be any complaints about what we saw today.

1 Like

Poppycock…! That’s my new favourite English word right there.

4 Likes

The midfield had a very specific job today and it wasn’t pretty on the eye. They all played adequately, nothing special, nothing terrible, nothing much been the performances. Glad Naby and Ox made it through the game injury free.

2 Likes

Or bobbins. :joy:

1 Like

he really is a wonderful little footballer.

i understand why people feel theres an element of unfullfilled football there, some of the dinks and wee touches scream of a footballer that should be troubling the stats alot more.

that said, i think hes doing exactly what he needs to do…

very impressed today (Norwich, opening day)

2 Likes