Ex-player: Naby KEITA

Are they really, really, really sure …:innocent:

Finally, those mofos has seen the light!

Someone told me Naby is not available because he has gone on I’m a Celebrity…
Didn’t believe them until I saw this for myself…!

He’d be forced to quit the show rupturing his acl after a spider crawled on him.

2 Likes

Was Danny Murphy ever a “star”?

3 Likes

Once a year, against Man U, perhaps.

3 Likes

Rafa booting him out somehow had the effect of his sense of self-worth actually going up.

1 Like

Only in his own mind.

1 Like

To be fair I’m not sure who would be worse, Ox potentially, Karius, Ben Davies the fact is most of our signings deliver. Remember Chelsea signed Werner and then signed Lukaku when they had Abrahams who did more for them than both of them. If teams do that then they have loads to choose from our signings have to be spot on.

Keita has all the talents but has never been fit, Ox was quality but I doubt he will reach that again, Karius wasn’t a very good goalkeeper and when your low on confidence it makes it ten times worse (he dropped warm up catches at Anfield, it’s like the simplest drill).

Ben Davies made a bit of money.

Worst is not a nice word but for outlay you have to consider Ox and Keita.

However they probably both had more talent than Murphy and even if they are half injured probably have about the similar ratio on memorable moments.

I’d use the term least effective signing cost vs minutes. Probably rules Davies out.

1 Like

Naby’s not our worst flop because he’s actually very, very good at football. Criminally underrated really.

Last season he was mostly excellent in the minutes he played, but look at the scrutiny his perfromances get compared to others - he got dribbled past twice vs Atletico, after scoring a worldie, and got absolutely lambasted. Our other midfielders aren’t held to anything like that same standard.

The level of scrutiny on the defensive side of his game compared to say Chamberlain or Elliot is mental. He is levels and levels above both when it comes to regaining the ball but you wouldn’t know it with the general consensus.

His durability is fucking shit, and it’s about time we signed somebody we can rely on, but he’s still a very good footballer. And to his credit he usually plays well straight away after injury unlike others.

8 Likes

Karius is by far the biggest flop, if he came in as a number 2 and barely played and was shit then you’d ignore it but the guy was a disgrace. Biggest waste has been Ox, mainly because of the price tag but also his lack of ability.

How can you judge Ben Davies as a flop when he never played a game beggars belief.

Naby has been underwhelming, not because of his ability but he has bones made of jelly.

Yeah, it’s both a valid due to the expectations on him and how big a role he was signed to fill to include in the conversation, but with him it is too often done with twinges of meanness.

That Naby is included is as much a mark of how successful transfers have been under Klopp as a mark on Naby himself. I’d say it’s probably really only him and Karius who were signed to fill an important role and weren’t unqualified successes. Players like Ox and Klavan might only be qualified successes (1 never meant as more than a back up, another played his role in raising us from also rans to a team to be taken seriously) but also were signed with lower expectations.

It’s probably reasonable to think the answer is Naby, but that would still need to acknowledge how good he was when he was fi and available and how often that was (he wasnt an Aquilani who only played a handful of times).

1 Like

This is beyond ridiculous. I can’t believe he is so injury prone. Something must have happened behind the scenes.

To be fair, I’ve just got a rib injury.

Through laughing at these ridiculous injuries/excuses.

2 Likes

Thankfully it’s not a player I get my hopes up to expect he will be fit, plus we are only 3 games from a 2 month gap.

1 Like

So the crock is crocked again? What a surprise…

can you define what it means by a new injury?

is it an injury he has has before? that has re-occurred?

or is it a new injury? that he hasnt had before (tbf there arent many now)…

like a broken toe nail?

eye lash out of place?

or Ijustcantfuckitious?

any idea?

I hope he has a fucking shit Christmas.

Pathetic. You think he isn’t having one already, if this is true?

1 Like