Nathaniel PHILLIPS: 2021/22 (on loan at Bournemouth)

First Name: Nathaniel
Surname: Phillips
Squad Number:47
Position: Defender
Height: 1.90m
Weight: 78kg
D.O.B.: 21.03.1997.
Town of Birth: Bolton
Country of Birth: England
Nationality: English

The lad done good.

6 Likes

Thought he did a good job today as well.

4 Likes

This is what he can do. He nearly got this chance two years ago but then got injured. Think he could see us through to January at least. Just no more injuries, please!

5 Likes

His positional sense was so impressive. Was first to many crosses. Hope this is consistent going forward and we might not need to break our head for that 4th CB with him and Rhys developing as expected.

5 Likes

Impressive in the air. Think he’ll have tougher tasks to come but he performed more than well enough tonight.

3 Likes

Man of the match today on his PL debut.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

:red_circle: Nathaniel Phillips - Premier League debut by numbers

Clearances - 9 (:1st_place_medal: 1st)
Aerial Duels Won - 5 (= :1st_place_medal: 1st)
Interceptions - 2 (= :2nd_place_medal: 2nd)
Accurate Passes - 66

#LIVWHU #LFC https://t.co/nkUWpUJLAf

7 Likes

It is old school, but I love a centre back who leaves just enough on the forward to make him worry about turning his back the next time, and not enough to give away a free kick. He had about five of those to the one free kick.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Good performance from him. Shows we can trust him against agricultural teams playing aerially.

1 Like

I felt he was way better than Joe today and had his back a few times. Fitting that he had the final headed clearance to end the game too! At this rate we’re going to have a surfeit of CBs waiting to play!

2 Likes
7 Likes

And what a towering header it was

1 Like

Glad to see @Sweeting being proved right that Phillips would be fine as an emergency back up CB. He got a lot of heat for that opinion.

3 Likes

Did he get heat? I’ve been saying the same for a while and don’t remember getting any grief.

2 Likes

I remenber the discussions over Lovren leaving and @Sweeting having the opinion Phillips was good enough to be the emergency back up and @Mascot the opinion Fabinho dropping back would be the adequate replacement. Not many were in favour of either suggestion I liked both their points and wanted to see a combo of the two.

1 Like

Unlike you to cover all possible bases :wink:

We do need to avoid getting carried away, it’s only one game. But he’s a decent defender and there’s the added advantage that he and Gomez know each other. Not sure how many times they played together for the youth team but I watched them play Reading about 3 years ago. We had a good team out: Grabara, Trent, Phillips, Gomez, Randall, Wilson, Ojo, Grujic, Brewster…can’t remember the other two…

Brewster was brilliant that day but Phillips was my man of the match. Composed, good on the ball, won everything in the air, and calmly brought the ball forward and curled it into the corner of the net from about 28 yards.

Grujic was awful.

4 Likes