New Features 2021

No problem ! I prefer members telling me issues/what they don’t like so I can make it better. Learning this stuff from scratch has been a good hobby :grinning:

The edit issue is a bug in the forum software it happened during the last forum software update. I anticipate it will take a few weeks to fix, but the software developers are aware and working on a fix.

3 Likes

How about this new emoji pack :wink:

1 Like

Let me test my favourites:

:thinking:

:rage:

:flushed:

:joy:

Meh. 7/10

1 Like

Ok :+1: back to original ones. I changed as one of the emojis was broken.

:frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

But you are right these do look better

1 Like

btw, bug is still there as you know, but there is now a way around it. After you first get a message that you are in editing conflict, you now have the option to overwrite edit, whatever that means. And then it works.

Also, new features are cool ! :partying_face:

Hey @ISMF1 , have I ever told you, you rock :clap: :star_struck:

1 Like

The new emoji feature only works for me on the odd occasion. If I touch it twice it says wait 55 seconds to use again.

Since the last days I have the same weird situation when editing my posts like @Magnus described above. Someone else is already editing my post!?!

That’s really strange tbh and I never had it before.

Come on guys, tell me pls, who is it??? :joy::thinking:

2 Likes

Not sure where to put this. I have a new phone and TAN was the only app that didn’t sync with the old phone…and it can’t be found on the Google app store…

1 Like

If I remember correctly there is no real TAN app.

1 Like

Ah ok. It is just that I have an icon on my old phone that I tap to go straight in. Maybe it is a browser shortcut. Not to worry I will work it out. Spent hours trying to get everything set up as before… :roll_eyes:

Thanks for the follow up.

Update…I went into the site through chrome and clicked the 3 dots in the top right and the drop down gives an option Install App. That did the trick…

1 Like

I bought a new phone a few months ago and It transferred over to my new phone :iphone:.

1 Like

Hi @ISMF1. Some of the websites don’t generate previews (bottom) like others (top) when I paste the link. I face same problem with Goal links too.

Is there a Regulars Only lounge, sub forum?

I was sorting through the features on TAN and I had not realize my status been upgraded to Regular and it said something about a special forum when members level up.

Maybe I misunderstood what the phrase meant! Either that or I haven’t earned the proper certification yet to be allowed into an elite sub forum, which is quite possible! :see_no_evil::nerd_face:

EDIT: Also wanted to say THANK YOU to the moderator/programming team here. The usability of the TAN forum is absolutely brilliant. I know it can be thankless and much a “labor of love” but it really is a wonderful website and brilliant community.

3 Likes

Yes the forum does allow for an elite sub-forum. But its not a feature we use. Heres a screenshot from my PC

The two sub forums not open to the public are the ones with the lock next to it.

Staff - Which is basically where we talk about mod issues. Also site upgrades.
Media - To limit distribution of media sharing.

In practice there is very little difference between the different levels. Those that progress, are given progressively more mod rights. (Edit posts, move threads etc).

2 Likes

:slight_smile: it is a labour of love from all the mod team.

But its the community that makes this place what it is. :+1:

2 Likes

I have an update that I need to do, hopefully that will fix it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We don’t need one, as we are almost all regulars in here, coming over from TIA. :wink: Over time, if more new people join us, we might consider the usefulness of such a sub-forum.

1 Like

Is the red line with last visit a new feature on threads where there are new posts? I only noticed it yesterday.

1 Like

Yes a new feature :+1:

3 Likes