New Features 2021

I am trying a few new features on the forum.

You may have noticed a new Likes button :wink: also you can now follow posters.

Early hours UK time (1am to 6am) over the next few days/weeks you may notice some unusual features appearing and disappearing as I add further features.

4 Likes

What’s with the loudhailer symbol? :thinking:

1 Like

Testing full chat integration :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have no idea what that means. :man_shrugging:

Also- when I click on my icon in the top right I no longer get updates that are only relevant to me. I get everything now:

Same issue here.

Imagine integrating MSM messenger within a forum.

Information you wish preserved stays in forum, Information that disappears after a few days stays within chat.

So you could have chat rooms (match day chat room). You could use it for pms.

Not sure if it will work in practice, but willing to give it a test.

I’ll recommend it to the missus. :wink:

1 Like

I will fix the updates dont worry :wink:

1 Like

Is it possible to pin (i.e. expand) / unpin (i.e. collapse) the side menu?

Sorry I will disable from all skins, except my new test skin :wink:

Do a full refresh and it should disappear

Looks good only issue is what’s mentioned with that notifications for every message in a topic ive been involved in previously. Thought I was very popular for a second ;(

Turned features off, to fix notification issue.

We are getting there with changes :slight_smile:

Should I be concerned with these?

No nothing to be concerned over.

While most of the community slept I was playing with chat-forum integration.

The side effect of when I turned it off and deleted the threads was that strange system thread that I could not delete.

1 Like

Ok, things are starting to go a bit weird for me with the navigation hamburgers

Bring back the old emojis. These ones are shite.

:rage: too red
:joy: tears are too big
:thinking: face is fatter than Steve Bruce’s
Etc

I posted on another thread and linked to two moderators. I never got a response, should have linked to you instead.

But here is the “edit in conflict” I was talking about to the others. Several of my posts the last few days I have wanted to edit for bad grammar (when I write, I write fast and often I post without going through my posts for writing errors; but I do tend to like to go back and edit), but have been unable to do so. I get this message about Edit Conflict, that another user is editing my post. Now, this is highly unlikely that it is the case, so I therefore want to report this forum bug.

Also, I know I have said some things about how I dislike this forum not having pages, but I want to take this time to thank you for all the fantastic work you do. I felt kind of bad in hindsight ranting about how inferior the forum was without pages, as I know it is not possible on this one. So thank you.

2 Likes

I experienced something similar when @ISMF1 introduced the new features. But I haven’t experienced any problems lately. Maybe, you should inbox/PM @ISMF1.

1 Like

I will if he does not respond.