Nicknames now and future

“I’m an alien, I’m a legal alien, I’m an Englishman in Japan.”

(What happened to the strike through?)

6 Likes

As sexy as Ian Rush…and we all know the man could have been a male model…or at least some sort of model… he would have been great advertising sinus clearing spray for instance.

2 Likes

Must be down to all the milk I used to drink.

4 Likes

You’re right on the nose Cynical…:rofl:

2 Likes

I registered with TIA initially just to read stuff and didn’t want to chose a player/lfc themed name in case there were too many similar. Went with a ‘regular human sounding’ name which, while not my actual name, contains elements and has personal meaning.

:grinning:
(edited to add an emojo and quote)

3 Likes

Didn’t want to use my ‘other’ internet nickname when I joined TIA, so this is a mix of my Grandma’s name, and a shortened version of mine.

2 Likes

I don’t think I need to explain the meaning of my username. :sunglasses:

But to add context, I discovered TIA in 2007. I was a lurker then. When we lost the CL final in Athens and the new season started with one or two indifferent results, a lot of people started questioning Rafa, and I was thinking to myself that I couldn’t let it pass without reacting. That prompted me to sign up and take active participation in discussions. That username seemed just right. My first post was to copy and paste the text of the You’ll never walk alone song.

I remember that a poster gave me abuse over my first posts asking to support Rafa and his team. Calling me deluded, that I was stupid and needed telling etc. That wasn’t the best start! But he was quickly banned by the mods, and after that, a lot of friendly posters, of which several are still posting nowadays, helped me feel welcome.

Hopefully the new forum will give us all a similar sense of friendliness and welcoming spirit. Fingers crossed!

7 Likes

My name is Iftikhar, at least part of it. Hence the username.

2 Likes

7 was The King’s number

6 Likes

I’m very cynical
I’m fairly old
And I am most definitely a git

10 Likes

And…next European Cup…

2 Likes

Promises promises …

2 Likes

As a mark of respect to Ragnar Klavan. :sunglasses:

I was tempted to use Left footed right back or the alter ego - Right footed left back :eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Avatar change for me. Thought I needed the learner plates back on until I’ve gotten used to the new road layout

2 Likes

Which cigarette brand do you smoke?
Not by any chance French and arty?

1 Like

1st post here.
The only true indianscouser.
Rest all are fake, especially @Alright_Now

6 Likes

Mine is due to having an extraordinarily large Tallywhacker.

We all have our crosses to bear.

5 Likes

Must be hell lugging it around the garden…handy for weeding though…

3 Likes

Me too. I like the flavor of a Bitter but being Dutch I like my beer cold too instead of cellar temperature. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve seen Brits use heating coils in bitter that a German bar served chilled. Apart from those Californian craft beer IPAs perhaps, ale served at cellar temperature is better.

1 Like