Nicknames now and future

I suppose I’m just curious…after all I’ve probably got one of the longest nicknames on the site…due to my attendance in the middle of the kop for the second greatest game in LFC history…
Anyway my point is why (and forgive me if this rehashes an old TIA board but we’re all new here right?)
Scousers have always been known for their nicknaming abilities throughout history and probably starting in the docks…‘Tom Finney’ for the docker who would always yell as a crate came down from a crane ‘I’ll take the corner!’ or the booty from the ‘accidental’ spills where a crate of sweets gets spilled and one of them picks up a load and says ,(can’t pronounce his ‘r’)‘Ganny loves humbugs!’ which became his work name from then on in.
In living memory we have the late great Tommy Lawrence our goalie of the 1960’s which referred to his heroically enhanced meat pie eating figure was known as ‘The Flying Pig’.
Liverpudlians love the play on words and will label just about anything…
What are our modern day equivalents and why did you choose your name…
I reserve all rights to Ganny Loves Humbugs for future use…

5 Likes

It’s very difficult to explain my username, you know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Depends are you talking about your attempts to get into TAN? Or… something else??..:smiley:

1 Like

Hey guys, how are you doing? I was wondering if we can setup a welcome thread so that we can keep track of all those getting here.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’ve been online gaming since the Quake 2 days then mohaa & cod etc. And then world of warcraft etc. My name was “ilvuatar” (Only Tolkein fans would understand) and then as I needed to name several alts in wow so they were all anagrams of my name, Draexnael, Xaenicael, Lexa, Cleax etc. Draexnael = Alexander.

Nothing to do with LFC! Just uber uber nerdy!

4 Likes

Mine is pretty straight forward. I first started using the internet in a way that required me to have an nickname right at the time I moved to the US in 96. At the first place I tried Limie had already been taken, but Limiescouse hadnt.

I dont change for change sake so 25 years later Im still using it :joy:

5 Likes

Similar. Mine was cutting-edge satire when I started using it :laughing:

6 Likes

Lol, same, but mine is a much worse name. I needed an email address way back when I went away to college, so I got my initials and the school where I went. Kept name here when i originally signed up out of simplicity. Could probably do with an upgrade.

4 Likes

@cynicaloldgit - 2 more old gits aka @ZinedineBiscan and @Limiescouse may try to steal your name. You may need to get the rights before them.

3 Likes

Believe me, there was much soul-searching in the Biscan household the day I learned that someone calling themselves a cynical old git is around my age… :disappointed:

3 Likes

Wilko(short version of surname) red( wouldn’t be anything else) 08(was for Stevie G)…

5 Likes

Please watch this video.

4 Likes

Beautiful…just beautiful…there are no other words (thankfully) :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Red Over The Water works on two levels. I grew up on the Wirral… over the water from Liverpool. I now live in America… a bit further away, but still over the water from Liverpool.

6 Likes

I’m arrogant and sexy

2 Likes

So was I… thirty years ago.

4 Likes

Well, I’m turning 42 myself in November so I’m sure at least the sexy will soon wear off. Lol.

3 Likes

Well cynically speaking…one out of two now ain’t bad…:grin:

3 Likes

You’re right: I’ve never been arrogant.

5 Likes