Nike kits, money for our new CB

Anybody else think it’s shocking the lack of availability from the club store for certain kits and some sizes.

Thought one of the major reasons for moving to Nike was their ability to be able to supply the demand.

I like the kits, like Nike as a company (they’re the coolest by a long way) but they’ve come up way short here

2 Likes

I thought the same but it could possibly be down to coronavirus,maybe factories are running at 50%,slow delivery times,restocking shops,online shops plus having to make kits for other clubs aswell.

Seems the Home Vapour shirts are like rocking horse shit in certain adult size’s (from where i’m sitting),i’m not sure how many they accounted for,maybe they had an initial batch made up thinking it would only sell X amount being the more expensive option,not realising a lot more people want them and now have a back log of shirts to make??

For anyone looking for a XXL Home Vapour shirt,the official online shop has them back in stock (only size atm).

1 Like

I suppose Covid has played a part is some form perhaps.

There definitely seems to have not realised the demand tho

1 Like

I am amazed that some of the adult shorts have sold out too. Hahaha would love to know who buys the shorts :rofl:

3 Likes

Full kit wankers

5 Likes

John Terry?

4 Likes

As far as third kits go, this one is miles better than we’ve had recently.

2 Likes

Is anyone else shocked by the price of all the new gear? It’s nuts.

1 Like

Nope,England’s top is £90,complete rip off.

4 Likes

This is horrible. :cold_face: :nauseated_face: :eyes:

I honestly can’t imagine anyone buying such an ugly thing. Anyone here seriously tempted to get one? I’d guess not!

The Caps are £31.50…

Look some of us have strange taste alright? Admittedly I’m never buying football tops to actually play football in and more thinking how they look with jeans. And have shit fashion sense.

2 Likes

Personally I like all 3 but yes the price is ridiculous but it’s been this way for years. This years is more expensive than last years… but it will more than likely be cheaper than next years.

I’ve just bought 2 home kits for my 2 year old and my 4 year old. Champions patches and their name on the back and that’s best part of £150.

MODERN FOOTBALL

It’s the 3rd kits - it’s supposed to be a bit off the wall.

I like it more than some of the NB 3rd kits

1 Like

Yeah I know, lads. We won’t see much of the third kit and so it doesn’t bother me too much. But I’m still wondering if anyone would be ready to spend good money on such an ugly thing.

Taste and colours are not always the same. But still… :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Can already picture Klopp screaming the instructions “KNIGHT TO E4” on the sidelines when we play in the 3rd kit. Could be the new change of tactics to keep opposition coaches guessing.

4 Likes

Not a great start.

Nothing news as far as I can see, with many reasons for a likely drop in sales including Coronavirus, the cost of the kits (therefore people are either not buying or only buying 1 kit rather than 2/3), the fact that Chelsea and Arsenal are moving into a new period with new managers and players coming in, and their fans are getting behind them.

Can also add in, as set out above, that demand is outstripping supply, so there’s no actual shirts to sell, so sales will be down. Provided supply can be improved, I can’t see there being a shortage of demand in the coming months.

Could further add that a lot of fans went and bought New Balance kits once we were confirmed as PL champions with Champions 19/20 on the back etc as mementos, so those shirts have a years worth of wearing at least.

5 Likes

It’s that stylish Gothic lettering, I tells ya…

1 Like

It’s the timing which is problematic. As far as I’m aware, the deal with Nike includes a percentage on the profit from sales. It’s thus not a classical sponsorship deal (here are x millions, let me manufacture your shirts and sell them for my own profit) but one which takes account of our huge followship around the world (y millions + a percentage on sales).

With this corona shite around everywhere, the latter part of that contract is now far less efficient, and on balance, the club might well earn less right now than it earned last year with NB. Hopefully it’s just a transitory situation though, fingers crossed!

1 Like