Nike kits, money for our new CB

This one is lovely

Some more leaked images of Liverpool’s 2021/22 kit for next season by Nike. The logo will be embroidered on the other available version.

2 Likes

Very Roma in the front and United round the back.

But if I hate it I guess the kids will buy it in their droves.

2 Likes

So it’s Orange not a lighter shade of red, might as well have picked two suitable colours and done that collar all the way around.

2 Likes

Another shite shirt. Well done Nike. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Think for such an intricate design, the heat-press is better solution, unless the stich count (for the embroidery) is very high.

…and yes, neither one is Liverpool red. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Kind of like the shirt

1 Like

I don’t think it’s that bad either, it’s probably available in two different qualities, so wait and see. It will surely be way too modern for many with these stripes, well, I get that. But I’m very sure that our boys will look very good in it. It’s always like this, there will never be anything that everyone likes.

1 Like

I’m sorry Nike but that shirt is fucking shit. Guess you’ll just have to buy us Mbappé to make up for it.

6 Likes

There have been ugly designs before but this one doesn’t even feel like a Liverpool kit.

It’s as if they took one of their generic t-shirt patterns, tailored made for youngsters and hipsters and slapped the Liver bird on it.

2 Likes

It would look a bit better if the collar and cuffs were just white. Not orange and black.

2 Likes

I actually don’t think it’s a bad kit but this is my problem with it. Just doesn’t feel/look like a Liverpool shirt.

2 Likes

Some of that gear reminds me of Roma.

2 Likes

That’s it, I actually quite like it but it doesn’t feel like us at all and the red has been far too light.

I didn’t mind last years but I’ll probably skip this one, was going to do anyway due to ESL.

2 Likes

All green reminds me of the opening Souness years. The 6th place finishes. The “great” expensive signings like Dean Saunders and, wait for it, the goal scoring midfielder Paul Stewart, to replace the “finished” old players like Peter Beardsley.

The selling of young players like Steve Staunton. The more bargain signings such as the Euro 92 winner Piechnik (got a soft spot for Stig Inge Bjørnebye, had a great delivery of the ball).

The tough men era getting “solid” players like Julian Dicks and Ruddock. Ah yes. Nostalgia.

The ugly 1999 mostly green kit is at least saved by the good season we had, starting with some excellent signings like Hyppia, Hamann and Henchoz. The iconic memory of that season for me was Titi Camara scoring the day after his father passed away.

6 Likes

I think that’s the most frustrating aspect of this shirt deal. We gave up on a truly good shirt manufacturer for a shit one, in order to become more powerful in terms of buying great players.

But in reality, we’ve had to deal with this shite without seeing any impact of the so-called benefits of working with this company until now. Sell your soul to the devil, but don’t take any benefit from it, now that’s nice. :rage:

6 Likes

In all fairness the 2020/21 financial year that isn’t over yet and won’t be reported till next spring is the first one this deal affects. The deal could yet be what saves the club from a huge loss and allowed us some room to maneuver and bring in Jota, Thiago and Tsimikas. For a first year impact it could still be significant and without Corona probably would have led to much better. I feel Nikes main marketing plans have been held back a little as they wait for a better opportunity.

2 Likes

Have a like for Titi Camara. :nerd_face:

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t mind it but it’s not Liverpool red for me

3 Likes