Nike kits, money for our new CB

Edited. Sorry, I’m on my 3rd G&T.

2 Likes

Ha, so none of the above…

you might need to get to the fourth one to start making sense again!

4 Likes

Hahaha it’s my thing! I’m not asking because I’m planning on buying it just interested to see peoples views on it.

3 Likes

I’m suprised by a few in that list.

I never buy the kit. I think people of my age look silly in a kit. A nice polo shirt on the other hand…

2 Likes

I’m 35 and I’m probably at that stage (or have been for a few years)

Bought last seasons because I wanted the champions patch but the fucking club shop sent it out without the patches. Fuckers

1 Like

I’m waiting to see the away training range and will decide on what to buy from the training ranges then.

1 Like

Are you a fat cunt.

3 Likes

No, I may be a cunt but not a fat one. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m almost 65, football shirts are no longer my preferred way of dressing.

BTW, I saw what you did. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

You know they do make XXL too :wink:

Never in doubt :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Never too old to wear anything you feckin want.
If you care what anybody else thinks, then that’s your problem right there.

7 Likes

This is also true. I’m not bothered what other people think just whether or not it’s a good idea to shelf out £70 for something I’ll only really wear to the football. So maybe 10 times per year.

1 Like

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

7 Likes

I quite like it, especially the checked trim. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess these will look better on the field. On screen, the checked one looks better than the pinstripe one.

1 Like

I agree. Truthfully, I do love this yellow version a bit better than the first yellow with the red pinstripes, and I loved that one too.

Interesting to note, a view from the back so to speak: this is a very rare time Nike actually scrapped 2 shirts that were already approved and in production to go with different designs later.

I have in my possession what was originally intended to be the white shirt. It’s exactly like the home red with the zig/zag pattern. That was scrapped in favor of the more classy ecru with beautiful polo style collar.

Then, the yellow with red pinstripes was approved and scheduled for production only to be nixed and changed for this new one.

It does not happen often, especially with a giant like Nike.

Nike takes a lot of heat, and rightfully so at times, but IMO they did a wonderful job on our shirts for next year. Beautifully done.

6 Likes

3 great kits right there

2 Likes

The home one is far from being ‘great’. As many have said, it looks like the Roma home shirt. A generic, very banal design.
I can find something to the second one though, with it’s somewhat retro Polo collar and all…
The third one looks like an away shirt for the Croatian national team… :thinking::laughing:

2 Likes

What happened to the red stripes on the yellow? Nowhere near as good now.

1 Like

I do like that second one, I was vowing after the ESL not to buy but I may have to budge on that. At least I know this is probably going back into the team unlike some owners.