Nike kits, money for our new CB

We were with Reebok when we won in Istanbul. It was the club’s decision to have the stores closed on the day of the parade.

Adidas came in 2006.

2 Likes

My biggest issue is sizes to be fair, I remember that Hodgson one being quite a rigid fit.

That’s more than a decade ago, that was I think the first Liverpool shirt in the “tight era”. I remember their first shirts from 2006 being pretty large. But also, different era and even more in the past. I think these days they’ve all gone less tight, plus now there are those professional and fan shirts.

I hope so, it’s just I’ve got gym tops with similar restriction and they are only 2-3 years old.

Didn’t think Nike designs were bad per se.

Don’t really care who makes our kits.

I mixed up the finals, I meant 2007 in Athens. The point still stands though. We were playing the finals and winning, while Chelsea were getting Adidas’ attention.

For me, New Balance got it right. From the clean designs to the fit.

5 Likes

agreed. they were the best of the last 20 years

1 Like

Can’t see us going back to NB given the court case from when we moved to Nike. Also, unlikely they can compete with Adidas.

Surprised to read that Adidas lost to Nike to continue making the Germany national team kit - 70 years that partnership lasted. Nike offered double to the DFB.

Personally, I’m not too fussed who the kit supplier is beyond wanting it to be a good deal for the club from a commercial perspective. I was pleased with the Nike deal in terms of the global reach and the positives from the deal linking with LeBron. Adidas are no small fry in terms of global reach. Always remember Torres rocking Adidas kids, as well as Fowler in the green and white one

1 Like

Indeed. If true, it has to be asked why on earth the club officials would accept this. Otherwise, I prefer Adidas to Nike, but still think that the Warrior/NB shirts were the best we’ve ever had. Given the choice, I’d like to return making business with them.

Anyway, if the owners drop Nike after such a short time, it’s a sign that this deal didn’t work out as well as they expected at the time. Good riddance as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

Adidas for me have always been way ahead of Nike when it comes to football kits. More creative and not usually churning out the same template kits for every club.

2 Likes

I’d like to see exact numbers from time to time (I know we won’t get it), but I feel the whole LeBron colaboration produced nowhere near the results we were hoping or expecting.

And as for the comparison with United, it’s highly questionable how much we’d get from a new Nike offer or Puma or someone else. It might be where we’re at right now on the market, more or less.

And we are lower in the market than Utd? How would you explain that after our period of sustained success, and their relatively shitty last decade?

Designs were good. The material wasn’t.

Possibly because for some things to turn, it takes more time.

In total revenue, we’ve made massive steps. But it doesn’t surprise me if we’re still slightly behind them in a few categories or in total.

We were left behind in many aspects for a long time.

He could wear a bin bag and look good.

I would like for us to revisit that green though.

https://twitter.com/LfcShaunjudge/status/1782846907854803111

1 Like

I resigned years ago.

And still look better than these Adidas kits.

2 Likes

I never did like Nike designs. I much preferred Adidas.
Although i moaned about a few of the higlighter pen colours with New Balance (NB), their shirt designs and the different shades of red were fabulous. I still have the NB shirts.

3 Likes