Nike kits, money for our new CB

Our home shirt doesn’t leave much room for changes year in, year out, so I totally understand them playing with little details at least.

That’s why we’ll see the collar changing, the secondary colour of details, sometimes it will be white, sometimes yellow/gold, sometimes a combination of both. Sometimes some tiny white stripes.

That will more or less always go in circles.

2 Likes

So Nike have launched a 4th kit which isn’t actually a kit at all.

Isn’t this just a training top that they are marketing at a “kit“

As for the design if it didn’t have the pink it would be nice.

It would never happen because of the financial implications but I would like to see a LFC home shirt without a sponsor

As soon as i seen it a few weeks back i knew it wasn’t a kit (plus who releases a kit halfway through the season),It’s just a sports shirt made by Nike based around the colour code of Nike Air Max 90 trainers,they are called Air Max shirts,i think a few clubs sponsored by Nike are having them made.

1 Like

I liked New Balance smaller company than the likes of Nike and Adidas. Felt like us and then grew over the last few years and developed with each other. The kits were decent. These Nike kits are poor for all the drama of getting them as our sponsors.

That is unless they help us get Mbappe in the summer then I’m all for Nike.

2 Likes

So, it’s not fake. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Absolute and utter atrocious. :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

More kits than centre backs

2 Likes

So, Nike have surpassed themselves again - in designing an even more horrible shirt than the other ones. I truly hope that I’ll never ever see one of our lads play in this one, otherwise, I’ll stop watching.

1 Like

It’s a non match shirt.

So ie a training top or a fashion top.

Not a Kit just being marketed as a “kit”

1 Like

Yeah, no “Standard Chartered”, so probably won’t be worn on the pitch.

You can see what a juggernaut Nike is now and why we went for them.

Lebron will be wearing this on Twitter next week and the sales will go mental

4 Likes

It’s lovely, I agree it’s not a decent kit, but as a normal top?

It’s exactly the type of thing to go beyond football and just anyone wears it… The start of what is such a promising match between LFC and Nike.

1 Like

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/

5 Likes

It even comes with its own American accent. Lovely work Nike. Literally one of the most embarrassing shirts I’ve seen. :face_vomiting:

I don’t mind the general concept of this. PSG have done stuff with the Jordan brand for a couple of years that helps move their apparel more into fashion/streetwear rather than just football.

The idea of a collection tied to classic trainer is a cool one. Perhaps not for everyone but sneaker culture is huge and this could have been a great way to tap into that audience. But the execution of that top is horrendous. The main body of the shirt doesn’t fit with the sleeve design or the design of the trainer. The Nike Air logo is gargantuan, ugly and unbalanced (heavy on the left hand side as you look but elements are too light and too far spaced apart on the right hand side). There is almost nothing of Liverpool in that shirt. A red that is too light/pink and an all black badge seems tokenistic.

Considering the designs and collaborations Nike come up with, they’ve some how taken a classic shoe and used it to inspire what looks like a cheap foreign knock off shirt by created by someone who thinks they’re a designer.

And worst of all, they want £70 for it. £70 fucking quid for a polyester v neck t-shirt!

1 Like

The most atrocious issue with this kit is the fact that millions will buy it and wear it, in public :sob:

4 Likes

It’s NOT a LFC football kit,it’s a part of the Nike Air Max LFC fashion range,along with tracksuits and jackets.

2 Likes

Well, relieved to know that we won’t see our lads play in this shirt. It’s still horribly ugly though. Apparently, their designers are as shite as their general economic model (based on slavery) is. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Why is that atrocious? We get 20% of the profit from each one sold… So if 2mil people buy it @ £70 thats about one central defender no? :slight_smile:

Dislike the shirt fine, but this is a necessary evil to keep us at the top and the fact I hope it will be mainly none football fans buying is fantastic.

6 Likes