Nike kits, money for our new CB

The design is atrocious. The business is lovely. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s for us. Might turn some non football fans into the most casual of potential fans though.

Shouldn’t this Nike shirt design be put in the RIP thread.!

I think I can actually see the logic behind what Nike are doing. They aren’t targeting traditional football fans. Traditional football fans are there already and probably buying the occasional home shirt no matter what. They may add the odd away or keeper shirt too. Our third kit will appeal to some less traditional football fans who like a football top that’s a little different (but not sure they did a good enough job). The away shirt was to tap into an untraditional market and despite the “what the fuck is that” reaction it’s everywhere! Young people, female fans, fans who are LGBTQ or fans from different cultures/racial traditions seem to love it in huge numbers. No nonsense, straight, white, 35 year old Bob the bricky who shares a season ticket with a few mates and goes to every 3rd or 4th home game may look at it in revulsion but if he was going to buy a shirt it was going to be the red home one 99% of the time anyway. This “4th” Nike air kit hits an even more removed group. People who follow influencers and fashions etc. who are only casually aware of sports but primed to be swept up in it in the right circumstances. I can see Nike getting a lot of joy from this approach. It may even lead some of their customers on the first steps to becoming die hard LFC supporters in the future. Exposure is exposure after all. In the meantime hopefully we start getting more money flowing in from this.

2 Likes

It’s a shirt. If you don’t like it then that’s your choice of course but there are going to be millions that will like it and will buy it and we seem to be forgetting that is actually the whole point of the exercise.

Seems like everything the Club does off the pitch is used like one big pinãta to get a smack in.

3 Likes

That kits not for games. That’s the top that Klopp, Edwards, Lebron James, Serena Williams & Drake will all be wearing then they make their pitch to Mbappe.

3 Likes

Mbappe would look fucking cool in that.

I can see the Nike advert now…

Je Suis Kylian

Je Suis LFC

3 Likes

5 Likes

Another new Liverpool FC Nike kit to celebrate Chinese New Year

Nike are milking the cow

1 Like

Thank the star that at least Nike did not do what Adidas did last year for Man U Chinese New Year kit. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Man Utd have a whole range of training kit out this year for it.

Not really relevant for us, but interesting.

Noticed in that last year or two that some of our players have switched from Nike. Gomez and Keita switched permanently to Adidas. Thiago’s been mixing lately, both in training and games (back in Nike boots in last games).

1 Like

That’s better.

3 Likes

ThirdKitConcepts-600x400
The one on the left is just super ugh

…and that one on the right looks more like a little girls summer frock
HomeKitConcepts-600x400

1 Like

One on the right is like one from the 80s is it not, I actually kind of like it, red collar is nice too, I like the home one looks darker red.

2 Likes

The yellow shirts are a throw back to the 1981-87 away kits,with a nod to the grey and white stripe part of the tracksuits worn between 1984 European cup to 1990.

I’m not a huge fan of yellow in general (even tough i did have the yellow/red pin stripe kit as a kid) but i quite like both for nostalgic reasons tbh (red pin stripe one more though),plus we haven’t had that many or really nice yellow ones since then, i do like that bit of grey on the kits.

All Red - Home
Yellow with Red trim- Away
All White with Red trim- Away
White with Black shorts -Away
All Silver/Grey - Away
All Green with White trim - Away

Colour wise,the home kit you just don’t fuck about with it’s red full stop,then the away kits can be any of the ones i’ve mentioned above and they can’t really go wrong,as far as i’m concerned.

Away Kits

I’ve just come across this 70’s Yellow Hitachi kit,i had the Home red and the away white one but can’t remember this yellow one,anyone verify if this is real or a fake?

liverpool-fc-umbro-shirt-jersey

1981-82

super-liverpool-fc-fa-cup-winners 1986

Tracksuits

1988-89
Liverpool-FC-Original-Adidas-Tracksuit-Top-1988-89-

1989-91
adidas-liverpool-fc-1989-91-tracksuit

5 Likes

Odd New Balance brought the pin stripes back and it ended up being a winners jersey, really 80’s design and one I kind of never expected to see again but it worked and it looks neat.

Still think the CL jersey is our best one of recent years, darkest red with a lovely collar. Anyhow bring back the pinstripes we want another title.

4 Likes

Inject this into my veins

6 Likes

Don’t like the look of it, but we’ll see when it’s official.

2 Likes

Two things:

a) it looks like a Roma kit
b) it’s not a fucking UNIFORM!!! :rage:

7 Likes