Nike kits, money for our new CB

I’ve removed ‘for the win’ in the thread title, as Nike has brought us incredibly bad luck so far. I’ve replaced it with ‘seemingly, for the money’, although we haven’t seen much of it so far.

Oh and @Zoran 's link above, if genuine, shows a horrible, ugly shirt which has nothing whatsoever to do with LFC. Hopefully it’s not genuine, but it would be typical Nike again: producing some random trash and selling it for top money.

8 Likes

Andy Heaton reckons it’s not real, he’s usually ok with info.

3 Likes

I know some folks closely affiliated, hence why I couldn’t show my shirts until release day this past season, and I’m going to have that barcode scanned that is attached to the left sleeve of that shirt. It’ll tell us if it is indeed legitimate or not. Odd that the retail tag is shown here. It’ll tell us if it’s a promotional or active wear top or if it is indeed the new official top.

Unfortunately, I think it may be the new home top. The Tottenham top for next season is literally a white t shirt with their sponsor on front.

Nike is mailing this in and they’re designs are pure garbage. Thank you, @Hope.in.your.heart for renaming this thread to reflect is exactly what is happening. Absolute lackluster pure shit. I also read a recent article that said according to how this new deal is structured with less guaranteed money and more performance based payouts, Nike will effectively be paying us less for missing CL football for next year if that does come to fruition at seasons end.

5 Likes

There’s also this horrendous Rorschach Test inspired shirt making the rounds as our away or third shirt for next season. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Probably in the minority here, but I quite like it. :grimacing:

5 Likes

When they say “one-of-a-kind, modern look” they actually mean bland, unimaginative and off putting. And who’s the genius that decided to make the collar dark green so that it looks black?

That’s not a Liverpool shirt, that’s garbage.

2 Likes

Yeah, if that’s black, then those are United’s 3 main colours (red, black and white).

1 Like

Gross. Simply put gross.

2 Likes

For the love of God please just make it plain red, maybe a bit of white on the collar / sleeve trim.

3 Likes

Was hoping it was deepest red.

1 Like

2 Likes

Wtf is that. Give me NB back

4 Likes

Fixed it for them.

2 Likes

The diagonal stripe pattern is somewhat similar to the Reebok 2005/2006 Champions League home kit. I have that kit, and the pattern appears to be classier than the one from the leask photo.

3 Likes

Sad thing is, NB for all their faults got the home kit spot on me, I have 4 of them.

I don’t mind this years home kit but the red is a bit too light, however I must be the only person who fills the survey in and says that.

5 Likes

Don’t know about you folks, but I’m pretty disappointed with Nike, at least with what they have done so far.

5 Likes

It always look better when on the players but if that is the home kit I’ll be really disappointed.
There doesn’t seem any thought gone into the kit.
The Kits this year have grown on me but they still aren’t as good as NB kits.

1 Like

There are always 3-4 “leaks” before the official.

Don’t forget also at this stage they will be prototypes so will be design based but using less quality materials.

Personally don’t mind the Nike home kit this year. I know some hate it or prefer last 2 seasons NB (I probably do to be fair) but nothing really wrong with the Nike.

I would just like a plain red shirt, no need for anything flashing or any shit like that.

Plain red with white trim on the sleeves and collar.

Lovely white Liverbird with a white Nike tick and it’ll be an instant classic.

Less is more…

1 Like

That is what saves this years for me, it’s simple.

That black kit is dreadful but since the Villa game it has grown on me somewhat, the official way kit I actually bought and like but it’s not a football kit I want to see us in again.

1 Like

Where have I seen that lightening bolt design before. Ahh yeah

Guess that’s confirmation of Haaland coming in the summer.

2 Likes