OoooOoo /Shudder VAR Thread

I guess he’s made a rod for his own back there.

Good luck to him.

Not

2 Likes

It’s Russian roulette, but there’s a bullet it every chamber

8 Likes

Well said… :laughing:

2 Likes

Still amazes me that De Gea didn’t get sent for that. I don’t understand how the difference between a yellow card and a several match ban is the referee falling over or not.

2 Likes

“…expect nothing from the ref, or VAR, and you won’t be disappointed.”

4 Likes

And here we are… The crux of the problem…

8 Likes

That’s about as close as you will get in writing to the officials confirming that they are crooked.

9 Likes

Yeah but they don’t get the same amount of penalties, if Mane (who frankly I don’t think goes down easy at all) and Salah got as many penalties as Man Utd then that is fine.

But they don’t.

In fact Salah got wrestled to the ground a few games ago and they got a throw in.

8 Likes

Thats the point, it’s not a big leap to take Clatternbergs view as a wider view and there lies the exact problem…

They view Klopp as a whiner, they think Mane and Salah are divers. It’s completly and utterly bias. Refs are going into our games with that bias mindset, it’s utterly unfair.

I used to remember when we had fans in anfield and we never ever got a penalty at the kop end, despite some of the stonewall ones seen. Like every single ref approached the game with the mindset that they wouldn’t let the roar of the kop influence them and thus went the opposite.

I think my original point on VAR is it’s not the system thats the problem. That hasn’t changed, VAR when operated fairly is good for the game. Unfortunately it’s ruined by the utter cowards running it, lots of little small men syndrome types over-compensating for something.

7 Likes

Clattenburg is like Trump, he is knowingly and deliberately spewing lies and hatred.

1 Like

Let’s not go that far…

2 Likes

Hmm, okay :+1:

1 Like

Probably more like one of those lickspittle republicans who talk horseshit.

2 Likes

The timing of the interview is very very suspicious no? Like if I was even slightly cynical I’d think this was put out with an agenda from a “friend”.

3 Likes

Or it’s just Clattenberg trying to be relevant, odd thing is it contradicts what Olivier said a day or two ago.

3 Likes

It could be perfectly innocuous as @mattyhurst is saying.

But I feel in addition to commentators/media and opposition managers, even referees are trying to rile-up Klopp. I find the language rather disturbing.

3 Likes
3 Likes

It’s obvious a fair bit of the media hated last season.

This season will carry a massive caveat, fact of the matter is Liverpool won this in March, the results bear that out for starters.

This one likely saw a small group of fans for a week or two. Winning it for me just makes a title celebration seem more obvious this summer I doubt it will ever mean too much to me compared to last.

2 Likes

If they’re admitting some kind of bias then just imagine what they’re not admitting,times it by ten at least.

7 Likes

He should have apologised for denying us all 3 points as well and many other things

3 Likes