Ozan KABAK: 2020/21

He looks like a killer. :+1:

4 Likes

Klopp will start him v Leicester 100%.

1 Like

Good.

Get Hendo back into that midfield fucking quicksticks.

4 Likes

Why do we have two thread???

One is to welcome him the other to discuss him and his performances. :joy:

2 Likes

Doesn’t appear to be very quick!

1 Like

Let’s hope it was due to his debut nerves but yes I thought he was quicker.

@Neukölln warned us… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If he doesn’t have pace he’s not worth a fuck. We already have Williams and Philips at the club. I think Nat would have coped better today being honest.

5 Likes

Thought he did well but to be honest would Nat have done any worse. Like I thought as a smaller centre back he would be quick. Early days obviously

1 Like

Well played tonight, thought he was our better of the two CB’s on the night. Of course, still needs to learn about our high line, etc. Each minute is a new experience for him, but at least he seems calm and completely willing to take in every information. The only way to approach this situation with his loan of a few months, as he tries to earn himself a move.

3 Likes

A bit slow, and also a bit clueless at times during critical scenes. Not convinced yet that he is a real long-term answer for us.

But tonight, he did well in the whole, especially considering that he played under the menace of a second yellow card throughout most of the match.

Hopefully that game will give him confidence going forward.

3 Likes

Yeah but WTF is going on with his socks?

Done well tonight glad Klopp picked him ahead of Nat or Ben.

2 Likes

Said in the post match thread I thought he was the best center half on show vs Leipzig.

Looks quick enough to me. Very strong too. Should probably keep playing until we see anything thay suggests otherwise.

8 Likes

Yeah I thought he was much better tonight, seemed to be on the same page he even did a Matip at one point and went forward.

3 Likes

Definotely looked better after a couple more training sessions with the group!
Still raw on the defensive stuff, some rash tackles, not great in the air and miss placed long balls but technically pretty good. A risky loan as he’s only 20 and has a lot to learn however the loan will allow us to assess him correctly/properly. It will be interesting to discuss all this at the end of the season particularly when we know if he will be staying or not.
Btw that’s from just seeing the 2nd half.

1 Like

Finally watched the full game, thought Ozan had overall a good game. He seemed to read the game well and made some good interceptions/challenges

4 Likes

Good performance from him. He does look a tad slower than expected, but I’d expect that to improve as his fitness improves. Defending for Schalke would have been backs to the wall, row Z type defending for the most part, given their position in the table.

He’s obviously performing well enough in training to have pipped Rhys and Nat at CB, and I’m expecting him to settle in and become a regular for the rest of the season at least.

2 Likes