Post match: Liverpool v Sparta Prague (EL 14/3/24 8pm)

Nice warm up to give the Mancs a spanking come Sunday.
A day to remember for young Clark.
Bit of class from the Sparta Manager post match.

4 Likes

Very professional display, blew them away early on, got some minutes into the legs that needed it, got some rest for the others who needed that. It feels like we are building up to our level again, for what will hopefully be an almighty push on all fronts to the end of the season.

Full credit to the lads that we are where we are today, fighting for everything. The kids who come in play in just the same way as the senior players. The coaching is spot on and you can see the way we want to play running right through the lot of them. They all work hard too. Itā€™s impressive to see.

Two final shoutouts.

First, the Sparta Prague manager. Classy.
Second, the Sparta Prague fans. They gave it their all the whole game. Top stuff. For any who stayed on in Liverpool after the game, I hope they made some new friends and got bought a drink. They were a credit to their team.

7 Likes

I was going to vote Bobby CLARKE MOTM but then ā€¦ I saw ā€¦Mateusz MUSIALOWSKI and ā€¦ just couldnā€™t resist!

1 Like

Salah and Szoboszlai playing 90 minutes is a huge surprise given the upcoming match against manureā€¦

2 Likes

You canā€™t substitute everyone
Both players returning fro injury so no harm done

4 Likes

TBF, the pace was little more than a training ground knock-around for much of the game. It wasnā€™t a bad opportunity to get them up to speed.

10 Likes

Nothing the team could do with Liverpool in this mood. Better teams than them have come to face Liverpool and got utterly pantsed.

4 Likes

Travelled up from London when I got a chance to get a ticket. It was a perfect night! Sat at the Anfield Road end just a few rows from the dugouts, perfect view of JĆ¼rgen commanding the technical area. Got to see all the big guns in action except the injured ones and Luis and our World Cup winner. Even then two were out kicking the ball to each other and doing tricks and flicks in front of us at halftime. And JĆ¼rgen was right in front of me! The biggest crowd reaction was when he got a yellow for giving the ref an absolute earful for a ridiculous yellow on Quansah for a perfectly fine tackle right in front of us. Definitely coming back for the parade!!

9 Likes

Aww, bless the Prague manager, what a lovely compliment he gave. He is a classy guy. I want to give a huge clap and shout out to the Sparta Prague supporters, despite their loss, they added to a great atmosphere, created alot of noise and carried on supporting their team until the final whistle. Respect to themā€‹:pray::clap::clap::+1:

7 Likes

We pressed the LIFE out of them in the first half, especially in the first 20 minutes. Bobby and Darwin led the charge. They coughed up the ball right near their D three times in 10 minutes! We could easily have been up 6-0 at halftime! For the fourth Wataru turned nicely and set up a lovely pass that led to the goal. Their goal we just switched off except Endo but their striker was a bit ahead of him and he didnā€™t want to give away a penalty.
Respect for the Sparta fans! They never stopped singing and gave their entire squad a rousing send off at the end of the match. Really heartwarming to see. They were giving it large to some of our fans who were leaving early (why?!?!) so I was rather please when we seemingly scored the 7th, and I turned around at them and shouted ā€œNot so loud now are ya!ā€

And then I saw the bloody offside flag :rofl:

3 Likes

It sounds like you were in the Sparta section!

1 Like

Heā€™ll be fine. JĆ¼rgen is totally right because he managed himself really well the second half. Played very conservatively. Just him being on the pitch stretches the Sparta defence.

2 Likes
1 Like