Post Match: Midtjylland vs Liverpool |(UCL 9/12/20 6pm)

I used to be a subscriber (been a listener from the free days) but I felt that since the subs went up to £7 for standard subs they just went overkill and released a load of podcasts that were of no interest and getting weaker with content.
It got to the point where if I listened to them all id only be listening to LFC talk all week. Id get to the end of the month and have about 40 un-listenend to and that’s mainly down to working from home as I dont have the commute anymore - but also I wasn’t interested in a lot of them.
The pods I love are the pre-match, after match and the pods where they really break down the game.

But in August this year I cancelled my subs and just get the 2 free shows a week.

I like a lot of the contributors and for me still best LFC podcast out there by a mile.

3 Likes

The very few podcasts of post match I listen to were really really poor…

A fair bit of crowing and screaming, elation, screaming we are the best team…

I get all that with my mates

The analysis was really basic, dressed up as in depth

I think that was my problem with it

1 Like

Agree - the one immediately after the match were sometimes unlistenable.
I get that they want to get the atmos but you cant record a talking podcast with 100s of fans screaming behind you and most of the TAW people were half cut.

2 Likes

No different from a post-match thread here, then.

5 Likes

It could be (could) that the schedule gives him no choices on who’s playing given the importance of winning. A dead rubber did give him that choice. He rested those who needed it and played those who improve with time on the pitch. Or something like that.

As for VAR, took cricket 10 years to get it to the point where dreadful decisions reduced to a point to make it worthwhile.

3 Likes

Yep Jürgen. That’s what you get for moaning all season and then starting your important players in an meaningless away game. :man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

Why don’t you apply for his job instead?

5 Likes

Who else would have played???

Klopp fielded four attackers to rest a midfielder. If he had rested Jota/Salah then Wijnaldum/Henderson had to play.

3 Likes

Financially it was not a meaningless game.

1 Like

And don’t forget the all-important UEFA coefficient.

1 Like

Him playing meant Mane and Firmino got a rest.

But nah, let’s have a dig at the bloke who has been central to our recent revival because Ole Gunnar Hindsight over here knows better.

3 Likes

@Iftikhar and @rab

Trent, Kostas, Keita, Taki and Origi started for playing time. The rest should have been youth players.

No need to play Jota, Salah, Fabinho, Firmino, Henderson, Mané…

2 Likes

So what’s the point in having a squad if that’s the plan. You want the lads to stop training too?

We saw how raw some of the young lads were and how badly they faded. No one wants to send kids out to get a hammering and ruin confidence and momentum.

5 Likes

I think Klopp would have fielded more youth players if he deemed them ready.

I know it’s frustrating that an in-form player got injured. specially considering Origi and Takumi aren’t chipping in; but we have take that in our strides.

2 Likes

Are you talking about our already injury plagued / fatigue squad?

The game in Denmark was the only possibility to rest all important players during this schedule.

4 Likes

Ready or not - game was meaningless.

1 Like

Exactly, they shouldn’t even been on the plane. We had a rare chance of taking a week off - a whole week! Special situations require special measures. It’s a congested season, our squad is injury-ravaged already, and we’re about to enter the ultra hectic festive period. Last season our U23s took a hammering in the cup at Villa, that didn’t ruin our momentum. This time we risked key players in an even less important game, there was literally nothing at stake, and if a couple of millions are enough to risk injuries, then I worry about our finances.

2 Likes

I don’t think it was meaningless for Midgyland the way they set about to crock our best players still only got a goal thanks to VAR and a useless ref but Klopp got a lot of information about his youths and all his seasoned players played enough time to help those youths develop properly as we will need them in the FA cup games.

3 Likes

I’ll defer judgement to the bloke that’s won all the titles and put that injury hit squad together.

4 Likes

I really don’t get this, it doesn’t resonate with the ethos of the club, or professional football, for that matter.

It was an official first team game.

1 Like