Post match v West Ham (A) (EPL 26/4/23 7:45pm)

I told you we were winning it.

2 Likes

The best match Gakpo gave us so far a proper Firmino copy. :+1:

Kavanagh had a decent one too. :innocent: Think Thiago made handball at least twice …

5 Likes

Imploded is being very kind.

1 Like

its not fair, all u know is to be positive…u mr positivity

2 Likes

A good three points from a tough place to go. Our defence really need to step up their defending in the box and stop the opposition getting free shots at goal.

1 Like

Big moment was Jota trying one too many passes rather than shooting, then right away West Ham breaking and Bowen being just a touch offside.

VVD was good and commanding with defending headers this game, but was too lax in that situation as Bowen was always going to go onto his left foot.

its his movement especially when slightly ahead of the middle of the park. i was amazed how he finds pockets of space were there isnt any like bobby

4 Likes

Looking at our defence over the 32 games, it’s a fucking miracle we’re sixth, imo.

1 Like

Had it been our penalty shout, I would have felt aggrieved. Since it was their shout, I felt relieved.

Definitely seen them given. No point saying otherwise. Football has added layers to the officiating to try to get more and more decisions right, but there still remains a slightly subjective element, and we got the rub of the green there.

And three welcome points too, it must be said!

2 Likes

Very entertaining game and deserved victory, Matip and Trent our two best midfielders, dominated most of the game but lost control near the end. Onwards and upwards. Top 6 here we come.

2 Likes

Good interchange, free player wide right, okay Cody slip him in…don’t you dare shoo…nice hit son.

Good win in a tough game, not perfect but better than Forest.

Motm was surely Declan Rice, what a performance that was, he made it incredibly difficult for us.

9 Likes

I knew that kit had one win in it. Never an easy place so I’ll take a win whatever the way on my birthday.

4 Likes

Not sure why there’s even a discussion about this

Don’t we normally buy players coz they played well against us that one time??

4 Likes

That is a massive result for us. On paper, the hardest remaining fixture, and the lads had to work hard to take away the three points. Slightly lucky that VAR didn’t want to interfere with Kavanagh’s decision on the Thiago handball (a 50-50 one imo, could have gone either way), but overall, I think that the ref team and VAR had a good night for once.

We look still suspect on the defensive side, although Matip looked rejuvenated, stronger, and his goal rightly earns him the MoM award.

Well done lads, continue on that track please! :+1:

7 Likes

Yeah Stuart Downing.

Baiting is a bit lazy.

But anyway,
Your Hammers mate will be livid.
If the decision was against us I would be as well.

1 Like

Next 3 games at home :smirk:

2 Likes

Outside of the first half against Arsenal, it was the first time we saw some issues with it. Their first goal came from exploiting that space a RB might fill that Hendo and Matip couldnt figure out how to close. And repeatedly we found ourselves on the ball looking for an outlet and it wasnt there.

I continue to be very enthused with Gapko’s involvement from the striker role. The pressure found ourselves under late was surely no doubt partly due to the inability to play the ball forward to the striker’s feet once Nunez came on.

4 Likes