Post match: Villarreal v Liverpool (UCL 3/5/22 8pm)

Just

4 Likes

Mo knows what he wants
and know what he wants this season
does he mean
match wise or contract wise
???

1 Like

yes, indeed, jota is ahead of himself:)

1 Like

I’m glad he knows, because nobody else does.

3 Likes

‘Don’t get ahead of yourself’ my wise old grandad used to say

2 Likes

VVD will kill someone with that kick

9 Likes

Don’t know what was going on in that first half but once we got our shit together it was men against boys.

Spanish teams have been our Kryptonite since Jurgen arrived with their shithousery and play-acting but thankfully the ref was having none of it tonight, that Arsenal reject who scored the 2nd was a fucking disgrace.

Nice to see the usual suspects make a fucking show of themselves in the in-game thread.

8 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1521628311214043141

6 Likes

His post match interview was perfect. Not getting too high or too low. Just perfect words and feeling.

6 Likes

Luis Chaos soaking it all in

8 Likes

Making every final and being in a title race - its what dreams are made of.

What a ride we are on, these lads are on the cusp of true greatness. Six finals to go.

I’m so glad Jurgen is a red :musical_note:

9 Likes

3 Champs League Final in 5yrs, challenging for domestic honours year in year out. WHAT A TEAM WE HAVE!. This team has come a long way since the dark days we endure during the 90s and 2000s. If we win the Quad this year, this LFC team will be the best team on this planet PERIOD.

On this game, ok I thought Villarreal was gonna come out firing, but I didn’t expect LFC to be this flat for the first half. We’re very fortunate Villarreal didn’t scored a third, or else it might haven’t been a different team going to Paris. We were awful in the first half and our midfield couldn’t get a hold of the game and dictate the tempo. Villarreal were full of intensity and were winning most of the second balls. We were under immense pressure and as soon as they score their first within the 3rd minute, we were in for a ride.
Luis Diaz what a player, and we got him for 35mil :rofl:, his pace and creativity changed the game for us. Villarreal are more guarded on the left side and it gave us more time at the back and midfield to use the ball better. With Diaz, we have another option to spray the ball up from the back and break their line this way.
The boys did a remarkable job recovering, and our class shine through at the end.
Personally I want to play Real in the final, not that we can’t take on City, but I want our revenge against them for 2018. It’s gonna be a hell of a ride for the next three weeks.

YNWA

4 Likes

In 15 minutes, Diaz had touched the ball more times than Jota had in the “ENTIRE” 1st half.

1 Like

Credit to Villarreal as they came at us, and we felt them. We experienced what Bayern Munich did as they swarmed us and were first to every ball. They were deservedly ahead 2-0 on the night and level 2-2 in the whole tie on the hour mark.

But as the second half got into its stride we started to get a grip on the game, passing it about better, and then boom, boom, boom! Diaz was the catalyst, can’t say enough about him. But strangely I also want to give a should out to a flatter Jota, as he played against the most buoyant Villarreal team of the night, when they had most energy. Which is to say, using the depth we have up top is going to be crucial. Another day it might be Jota who comes off the bench and finds a bit of space and scores.

Enjoy the night, rest, and then prepare for Spurs. That will be a tough one as they are in a fight for top four. But we really have to keep the pressure on Man City just in case they drop points themselves.

Well done you mighty reds, and come on Real Madrid!

4 Likes

Haha @Nobluff

2 Likes

Weird feeling tonight I felt we would come through even at 2-0. Ironically they never threatened a third after the break.

A lot of players deserve flack tonight so I won’t single out anyone only Alisson comes out with credit in that first half frankly and that’s because he couldn’t do much for the goals and did well on that Lo Celso penalty claim.

5 Likes

Thiago shades him in terms of performances this season. Diaz has been immense though.

1 Like

Credit to Villareal in the first half. They played really well and Liverpool were guilty of quite a few things. Underestimating the opposition being just one of them.

A club with a limited fanbase in a small city but with huge heart , they did themselves huge credit. Hopefully they make it to europe again soon.

Hopefully , this is the kick up the arse that some of our lads needed (esp after the first half) for the rest of the season.

Next up is spurs. Win them and hope that citeh slips up and rinse repeat. We simply have to win all of our matches.

4 Likes

Only saw the 3m highlights via Stan but, when we went 2-0 after 20 seconds (of the highlights) I knew we weren’t going to let that be the end of it. A shot of TAA with a calm smile after having his shot deflected onto the crossbar in the first half hinted at the inner mentality monsters and a team that knew they had gears in reserve.

We won’t be able to do that in the final however, especially if it’s against cheaty we will need to be in it for the full 90.

Onto Spurs!

2 Likes

MotM, Klopp. Dunno what he said at half time but by god it worked. Of the players, clearly Diaz is the absolute winner but his introduction also brought out the best in ManĂ©. I can’t think of such a stark difference in halves since Istanbul. It really looked like two different teams.

4 Likes