Post Match: West Ham - Liverpool (PL; 7/11/21)

Bollocks!
We needed some physical presence against Burnley copycats. Robbo and his selection had nothing to do with with why Alisson is more interested in stroking Antonio’s bum than taking the ball or Matip going missing, where was he?
Or both VVD and Matip getting pulled out of position too easily.
Thiago on the other hand didn’t look like a good replacement of AOC.

1 Like

Can’t defend because we play wide open which gives the opposition plenty of chances during a game. Too many chances been given away

2 Likes

First time moyes has beaten us. Bloody frustrating given they should have had a red and Mane should have had two.

Still the problems today were tactical. In the first half we were all over them and did fuck all with the ball needing a player like thiago on. In the second we haf thiaho on but just gave up on effectively tracking back. Our defence has looked shaky all season. Think its time to drop a few yards deeper, vvd,matip, and Gomez have all had horrific and long injuries since the year we won the league and it is not a stretch to say accommodating the impact of those injuries by letting them stay a few yards inside our half will help them and still be able to pull of a high press. Bobby sorely missed up top, should shut up the ones who don’t want to admit he’s had a decent season so far for the most part. Robbo needs time on the bench, Tsimi is more than capable cover. We’ve lost our in game nous and it is frustrating to watch knowing were going to concede. Second league game in a row without a salah goal and the second we’ve dropped points in - he is pivotal to this team.

Said it earlier but a win every other game is not title winning form at all. I know it’s early doors but unless we buck up our ideas we aren’t winning the league. That said we seem to be doing much better in the cups than normal, a concerted push for a couple of trophies and a lacklustre league campaign will be forgotten, would be nice to come away with some kore silverware- these players are good enough.

On the plus both our goals were bangers and that’s about it really. We were shit, west ham weren’t great but better organised than us and got the result they deserved. Nothing more frustrating than losing to a team who were there for the taking (they had one good half we had one good half. They did a lot more with their good half).

Boohoo!

If there’s any consolation its that this came with only 11 games played.

But those were poor goals to concede, esp the setpiece goals.

Too many poor refs in the PL. Pawson is especially poor…He was sent to the monitor cus they felt it was a foul…then the Creswell tackle…

Shouldn’t have lost this game, notwithstanding our uneven performance. Not with the soft goals conceded and the chances missed by Mane…

1 Like

strategy was to engage Ali during corners. some one should have been there to push antonio or whomever was blocking and pushing up on Ali. We did the same thing when De gea first came into the league. Some one has to protect Ali there. Everyone struggled today, the less said about TAA defense in these set pieces and tracking back for the 2nd goal the better.

4 Likes

It’s going to be a long two weeks…listening to bubble fans slagging us off…and everyone else and their mother…have the shitty ever lost a game, have plastics ever lost a game and the mancs…oh yeah they have…let’s hope its a one off.:pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

You miss the point, but that’s normal…

You start who deserves it and on form it’s Kostas. I’d bet he doesn’t cross it to no one several times in one half causing turn overs and counter attacks each time.

This team is too safe, too ok with playing badly. No fight, it needs sorting out and for me that’s dropping under performing players even if they were your go to. It’s why we are complacent, you can be shit and start next week.

4 Likes

West Ham away who are in a groove is a difficult proposition in any scenario. They are equal second, above us, so clearly they absolutely deserve to be where they are sitting.

But we really did ourselves no favours. Easily the messiest performance with the ball we’ve put in in recent memory. Robbo and Trent were absolutely butchered this afternoon and the wings really were a happy hunting ground for them.

That’s really all there is to comment from that. Deserved result given the performance. Learn the lessons from this and do better next game.

So far the three title challengers have drawn once against low table opposition: City to 13th place Soton, us to 14th place Brentford, and Chelsea to 18th place Burnley. We have dropped points to other teams in the top 8 so we really don’t have much wiggle room to continue to do that but at least they weren’t poor teams. I’m hoping our current poor form is our lull in the season and that we snap out of it shortly.

1 Like

I think everyone could see the WH second coming 5 minutes before it did. Klopp delayed his sub too long. A fresh pair of legs at 60 minutes at 1-1, and the game would’ve been different.

4 Likes

Not bothered by anything else than lack of concentration in key moments from the lads. This happened against brighton as well. Should do better. Anyone whining how someone should have started instead of some others should go play their fifa careers.

2 Likes

Cresswell probably should have received a red card for the scissors tackle.
But overall West Ham deserved the three points.

I thought Thiago for Hendo would have been the better call, and Origi for Mane was a better shout than Jota. Jota looked decent enough in my view.

Its a long way till the end if the season, but we do need to improve quite a bit.
Chelsea and City will drop points, we have to get better.

You should try stating your point from the beginning, accusing the selection of Robbo as the reason the team wasn’t mentally up for this is just complete bollocks!
If you read your post that’s the point you were making.
That that isn’t the point you wanted to make isn’t anything to do with me but you!

1 Like

Too static in attack and sometimes sloppy in possession - those are the two key things that cost us today I think. We needed more get up and go.

Declan Rice outplayed our entire midfield. He’s the exact sort of player we could have done with today. Looked composed, creative and energetic in a way that Hendo and co just didn’t. Worryingly, that’s two PL games in a row I’ve thought that. Won’t throw the baby out with the bathwater, but we rapidly need to improve in that area if we want to challenge for the title this year.

Poor performance. Nowhere near good enough. Defensive positioning at times rather questionable. Conceding twice from the corner. Not much offered up front.

Origi did well for the goal but with him and Minamino offering next to nothing the last couple of seasons and they’re our go to players at the moment off the bench, nope more quality needed.

Turning out to be quite a poor start to the league campaign. Still not much difference to the top but need to improve.

2 Likes

No he didn’t but he was good as was that player who used to play for Chateauroux.

2 Likes

A definite off day for Allison. He was more interested in tussling with Antonio than the flight of the ball from both corners. Should also done much better with their second goal. Every player has off days and lets hope he learns from it. As well as Allison mistakes our defence looked ropey all day and the player who scored their second should never have got near the goal as we had four defenders on one player that were joined by Matip and still couldn’t stop him. A performance to forget and move on.

1 Like

Was saying this myself. Antonio does it very intelligently. He only slowly backs in before the kick, which means everything looks normal. Then as soon as the kicker places his foot on the ball, he then engages the keeper. Smart play.

1 Like

(Post deleted. Better not start another needless discussion.)

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this for years! :cry:

1 Like