Pre and In Match: Liverpool v. Brentford, 1630 UTC+1, Sunday 25th August 2024

Not really much to write about that half besides the goal.

Grav and Diaz the stand outs, rest of them pretty average.

Ryan Gravenburchā€™s recovery of the ball is very very impressive!

2 Likes

Dom needs some time in detention with the headmaster. Very ordinary decision making.

1 Like

A no drama half of football.

Sure itā€™s not always pretty, but we look in reasonable control, and iā€™m sure Slot will change it up a bit second half.

Easy peasy so far, iā€™ll settle for this

Also heā€™s able to hold on to the ball and then look to pass it forward as wellā€¦

Will only get better

1 Like

once again ryan our most impressive midfield playerā€¦ dom is beginning to worry me a little

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen anything to force a re-evaluation of my quad is on thesis.

2 Likes

HT 1-0:

So far so good, but itā€™s far from over. Brentford are a tough, well-organized side, with quick and powerful players upfront. That makes them very hard to control. Our lads need to be really on their toes during the second half. Hopefully they can score one or two goals quickly into the second half, that would settle the game. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

u up in your log cabin in alaska?

1 Like

Nicely taken goal. Brentford looking at free kicks as their best route to goal. Grav knows he shouldā€™ve kicked the ball into space when Diaz was free in the centre.

When Gravenburch loses the ball, he tracks the ballā€¦That defensive reading of the game is very nice.

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s gorgeous here. About to go rafting. You may have to finish the job for us but Iā€™m not sure I trust you.

1 Like

Weā€™re seeing some of the patterns slot wants but like last week when they come off weā€™re able to go from end to end quickly and create a chance. It means weā€™re not seeing much play from us in their half which we were able to add to the second half last week

1 Like

instead of a DM (since we cannot find any), maybe look for a versatile cm/cam type player

A good football game, Brentford are no mugs, had control but a bit hasty after the goal

1 Like

dom on a yellow, would not be surprised to see Harvey get a good run out. A Darwin sighting would be nice as well.

1 Like

Iā€™d put Darwin in there.

Not a bad first half. Iā€™m liking our counter attacks. Itā€™s an art we seem to have lost in recent seasons.

1 Like

+1 for the mute button. My stream has Hoddle and Owen as HT experts :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, what I enjoyed in that half, was our counter attacks. They were brilliant.

1 Like