Pre and In Match: Liverpool v. Brentford, 1630 UTC+1, Sunday 25th August 2024

Liverpool 2-0 Brentford

Darwin Nunez has been flagged offside 51 times in the Premier League, the most of any player since the start of the 2022-23 season.

:joy:

2 Likes

Carv getting some love from the Liverpool players :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You can get Klopp out of Anfield but the hugs between the players remain.

But Slot is having none of that :joy:

1 Like

Tweaks at half time are destroying teams that 2nd half was excellent again

2 Likes

love LOVE our defensive game

1 Like

He gave Harvey one, while still holding his jacket :joy:

4 Likes

Nobody is beating us this season, or taking points off us.

38P 38W 76GF 0GA

8 Likes

Just gotta stop silly freekicks as many of the lower teams rely on them for getting opportunities

1 Like

I presume you’ve misread the question. @Limiescouse asked specifically about consecutive clean sheets, which, if you’re referring to 2019-20, we had none for 3 league games, a contrast to the previous season which we started with 3 clean sheets.

1 Like

Chat gpt says it was 5 in rafa’s second season in 05-06

Which I just confirmed is not actually correct.

Chat gpt - confident and wrong

3 Likes

Reminds me of Bodgers

1 Like

ChatGPT about to host MOTD?

1 Like

Arne Slot’s tactic is methodical and very controlled. His direction of players is amazing.

Salah looked stifled last season as he is asked to be primarily a creator. This season, he is back to his very best by being at the end of attacking moves.

Diaz looked very poor last season but a switch in coaching direction saw him taking on players which was his best traits.

Gakpo seemed to have carried on his Euros form which was pleasant to see.

Nunez seems a bit different now but I cannot put a finger to it.

As for the midfield, who would have thought Ryan Gravenburch will be the most important person in the LFC’s midfield and possibly one of the finest No.6 in the PL right now. Without Gravenburch, Arne Slot’s plan will never take flight. The transformation is stunning. Conversion of players are never easy but Slot has a very keen eye on Gravenburch’s ability in tight spaces and decision-making. One flick or feint and 2 opposition players are taken out.

As for the defence, it looks shaky at times but VVD marshals the defence very well. Konate is scary as a CB. He’s big and very fast. Robertson is a surprise today. How the fuck did he get two headers on target in the same game is a real testament to the tactics on display today.

Forward and onwards to Old Toilet. They should be feeling afraid defensively given how their new defensive additions are not doing much to their defence.

4 Likes

I’d like to see Bradley start the next match against United.

Might be the right season, just with 4 instead of 5. I’ve gone back 50 seasons, all the way until Shankly’s last, and it cannot be beat.

1 Like

3 Likes

Well it’s actually not as Quansah is open and Konate in.

2 Likes

Made it!

2 Likes

Much better

1 Like