Pre and In Match Thread. Liverpool vs Burnley. EPL. Sat 21st Aug 2021. 1230 hrs

gordon ramsay princess GIF by Fox TV

Printed Tee-Shirts on sale by the end of the day…
With the chant emblazoned…

We Want an Essay
We Want an Essay
We Want an Essay

:0)

1 Like

I love how I can make a case for almost any central defensive pairing from four great options.

I love how I can make a case for a completely new midfield trio than the game against Norwich. Or the same again. Or something in between, with just one or two changes.

I love how I can make a case for the same trio to start up front, or to bring Bobby in after his performance, or to rest Mane and go with Jota left and Bobby central.

Hopefully this sort of conversation remains in play throughout the season, with genuine options to shuffle the pack and keep everyone fresh and performing at a high level.

As for transfers, the more I think about it, the more I only see one more incoming for now, and that’s only if we make space up top by letting Shaq and Origi go. Then we could sign Sarr/Doku/similar to give us a proper fifth option.

The midfield is stocked.

1 Like

I think if Joel is fit he starts.

The biggest ‘if’ in football

Burnley team news from WhoScored:

• Dale Stephens and Kevin Long remain sidelined for Burnley ahead of Saturday’s trip to Anfield.
  • Ashley Barnes, Matej Vydra and Josh Brownhill are pushing for starts after last weekend’s defeat to Brighton.
1 Like

Are you sure they aren’t jerseys!
…or kits!
…or tops!

:blush:

1 Like

Wanted to find a Jersey Sponser, but when I googled for one…
All it came back with was Shirt Sponsers…!
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ali
TAA Matip VVD Tsimikas
Ox Fab Hendo
Salah Jota Mane

Side note - does anybody know of the Kop Bar is open?

I am at the game - hope the place is rocking.

It should be but 12.30 kick offs can sometimes be awful atmosphere wise.

I wanna see Anfield road lined with fans as is the norm on European nights

2 Likes

Bit early, mate.

4 Likes

Ali

Trent Joel VVD Kostas

Milly Fab Naby

Mo Bobby Sadio

Defence picks itself.
Midfield, Fab has to come in. Milly’s grit and leadership needed.
Forwards, Diogo to come on at some stage.

1 Like

Wanted to get a good seat

2 Likes

Jack Sparrow GIF by memecandy

4 Likes

while it says they score 3, technically they did not, it would be Mane, Salah and Firmino who scores 3 own goals on top of their respective hat trick at the other end and the odd goal from Alisson.

Only change needed is for Fabinho to start. Id be happy with giving the Ox another game.

2 Likes

For those fans at Anfield - does anybody know of the Kop Bar is open? I’ve read somewhere this is being used as a hub for the NFC ticket thing so is the bar open to?

2 Likes

I would love to go for a pint with this guy. . :rofl:

I admire his feisty attitude…

Liverpool v Burnley (Saturday, 12:30 BST)

Burnley

Sean Dyche being Sean Dyche when asked about any potential signings arriving at Turf Moor: “We were close to Messi. We were disappointed we lost that one and he referenced he’d love to have come here. Ronaldo is apparently sniffing but apart from that we’ll see what options come available to us. Lewandowski didn’t say he was coming to us, the other two did.”

9 Likes

Well, apparently he likes to dance as well, so it could be quite the evening.

1 Like

Ye I have to say I always like Dyche the bloke