Pre-match: Lincoln City v Liverpool, Thursday 24th Sept 1945 GMT

Is Shaq available? That would be a miracle!

1 Like

He’s been seen training, but it’s a long time until Thursday.

5 Likes

Smash them. They’re probably shit.

17 Likes

Adrian
Neco, VDB, Koumetio, Tsimikas
Jones, Fab/Milner
Origi, Minamino, Elliot
Jota

Should be a nice line up and should be able to get the job done. I kinda want to see Fabinho play in his favoured position again before we put him back in centre back potentially for the Arsenal game. Perfect game too for Jota and Minamino to get run outs.

3 Likes

Yep that’s the side and keen to see the 2 new guys plus Mina and Elliot.

It’s time this club won a domestic Cup

2 Likes

Think Shaq is fit again, seen him in the training photo’s all week last week.

we win, 0-4

Put in all the squaddies and youngsters. This game takes place a little bit more than 48 hours after our game at Chelsea. Count in the travelling from London, and then the traveling again to Lincoln. There’s just no way that the regular first team will be involved in this. Time to use the full extent of our squad in a 4231:

Adrian

Williams VDB Phillips Tsimikas

Grujic Milner

Shaqiri ______ Jones ______ Jota

Minamino

Lincoln are currently in an excellent form and haven’t lost yet since the restart. But this is still a very good team, and should be able to qualify for the next round. If not, tough luck, it won’t matter much.

Edit: just realised that the game is Thursday, and not Tuesday, so forget what I wrote above… :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

Adrian
Neco, VdB, Koumetio,Tsimikas
Milner, Grujic, Jones
Shaq, Mini, Jota

No need to risk any first team starters, especially not CBs. That team is good enough to beat Lincoln City.

4 Likes

Great minds

1 Like

Can we

Keep Jota on the bench
Jones on the left
Takumi in the centre and
Origi up top

:nerd_face:

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Well, that’s the lineup I’d go for, anyway. Maybe Phillips in for Billy The Kid.

4 Likes

Adrian
Neco , VdB, Gomez , Tsimikas(Milner)
Thiago Grujic
Shaqiri Jones Jota
Origi/Brewster/Elliot

Would have wanted Thiago to play in this game, if he wouldn’t have on Sunday. But no way now. Would rather start him against Arsenal.

No first team players is how I’ll like it as well. Wouldn’t want us to get knocked out, because we anyways shouldn’t be playing our first team players here, so it’ll be a good run in for the youngsters and the likes of Jones, Jota, Taki, Tsimikas to get games under the belt.

2 Likes

Almost, put Karius in goal. :innocent:

Could be something like this, although it could easily be Shaqiri and Origi instead of Elliott and Jota.

Adrian
Williams Gomez Koumetio Tsimikas
Jones Thiago Milner
Elliott Minamino Jota

We might be close to the point where we have the squad depth to compete properly in the domestic cups. Obviously a few will go between now and the end of the window but we still look as though we will have decent back ups in just about every area and JK will need to keep them all happy with game time.

For this game we are going to be light at CB, but plenty of options for the rest of the team and certainly enough to beat Lincoln. Priorities will change as the season progresses obviously but I still hope we might be able to go a bit further than usual.

6 Likes

[quote=“BillyBiskix, post:31, topic:740, full:true”]
We might be close to the point where we have the squad depth to compete properly in the domestic cups.[/quote]

Which of the domestic cup winners of the last few year had the squad depth that we have right now (or by the end of this window)?

Personally I want them all - Karius, Philipps, Grujic, Wilson, Shaqiri, Origi, Larouci, (Brewster) - to be sold.

We would still have enough in quality and quantity to compete for all 4 competitions.

10 years ago… :sob:

7 Likes

Good team that.

Ours, on the other hand… :grimacing:

F*ckin ell, I remember that.

There was no TV coverage and we had to listen BBC Radio.

One of the longest nights in my life. :joy:

1 Like