PreMatch | Liverpool vs West Ham | PL Matchday 6 | Sunday September 24th 14:00h | Anfield

That is why i stopped reading this forum in 1st halves.

3 Likes

This is the arrogance I was talking about earlier. This is one of the hardest home games we have this season - against a West Ham team with no obvious weaknesses - yet the fact we didnā€™t ā€œkill it earlyā€ is held against the team.

We were never going to kill it earlier, this was always going to be a battle and we should be very happy indeed that we fought our way to a win and had a very, very strong second half performance once again.

9 Likes

Poor Joey Gomezā€¦ so close to turning that third goal in ahead of Jota for his first Liverpool goal. Still think heā€™ll finally get it this season.

3 Likes

barry

@BackseatsmanLFC

Ā·

Follow

Michail Antonio game by numbers vs Liverpool: 0x shots on target 0x crosses completed 0x aerial duels won 1x big chance missed 10x possession lost Backing himself šŸ„¶

6 Likes

Outrageous kick out from Ali.

Huge again for us today, best in the world.

2 Likes

make no mistake, that was tough

2 Likes

But West Ham are finishing above us this season so itā€™s all good Michail, donā€™t worry about it.

1 Like

Best ever.

Iā€™d like Liverpool to breeze through this opposition too. That shows the intent.

Iā€™m happy with the performance but will be overjoyed if thereā€™s a statement of intent shown.

The ones where after the club World Cup , we reamed leicesterā€™s sorry arse.

1 Like

Fantastic game. Sabo is the player weā€™ve been missing since Gini. So much energy and so good with the ball. A little word for Paqueta as well. He had some game for Hammers, heā€™d fit right in any of the top sides.

1 Like

That was a tough game.

Brilliant game from us though, love our midfield

2 Likes

A statement of intent? Weā€™ve got 16 points from 18 that included 2 tough games in which we played a long stretch with 10 players

1 Like

I think some of us like to think this is playstationā€¦

1 Like

We outfought them. Thought our team played well against a good and motivated team. Their goal was almost impossible to stop by Alisson.
I thought Gomez played well as well as Jones, Mo, Nunez and Diaz.
I think West Ham will take points off Arsenal, Spurs, Brighton and Man Utd.

3 Likes

Nah, was easy.

We made it tough for ourselves first half because of sloppy clearances, giving away naive fouls, and players out of positionā€¦what Robbo is doing at CB 50 yards behind the next player for their goal is unspeakable.

2nd half we stepped it up and they couldnā€™t lay a glove on us.

But this has been the pattern since our 2nd game of the season.

Iā€™m fucking selfish when it comes to being a Liverpool fan. We should have creamed the chelshit team

Edit Chelseaā€¦ Fuck it , the name matches

2 Likes

Go game over turn over to the solheim cup. Ciganda is playing unreal golf right now

For me, and this is what Iā€™m loving about this team, is our ability to control the game with those grid passes, from and around Macca. It allows us a diversity of attacking options.

Thru the middle, out wide, off the back of the defence, etc.
We can raise the tempo in an instant, or slow the game downā€¦

Slowly the movement of Nunez is getting sharper, and Salahā€™s playmaking role is growingā€¦

This is growing to be a very intriguing sideā€¦

6 Likes

could only follow the game online, and always a little nervous, but all good with another win and 3 points

1 Like

They were close to taking deserved points from City the other week