PreMatch | ManUnited vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 3 | Sunday September 1st 16:00h | Old Trafford

FIFY.

3 Likes

9 Likes

This game will tell us an awful lot about our mentality moving forward. Most (if not all) of the players involved will have been involved in those 3 fucking debacles last season and should be desperate to put these cunts to the sword.
A repeat performance, full of missed chances and gifting these plodders goals, will not bode well.

4 Likes

It will be a good test to see where we are at under Slot as, Man U have forwards with pace that may test us defensively, then it is about creating and taking our chances!

3 Likes

I donā€™t think it would matter.

I canā€™t see any Utd player being good enough to stick the ball in the top corner like that

1 Like

It hurts even more because they were largely responsible for the total unravelling of our season. Even though Klopp was behind some of our greatest ever victories against these , I think we might be better prepared and better served by a bit more calmness coming from the touchline. Win this and itā€™s instant kudos for Slot.

1-2

2 Likes

You spelt 0 wrong.

8 Likes

I havenā€™t been more confident of hammering them since I was very confident of hammering them 3 times last season.

15 Likes

It is not a must win but yet is. Just 3 matches into the season, Slot can solidify his already good impressions he had set. 3-0 to us and a red card to Bruno Crybaby

Wish it was at Anfield for Slotā€™s first one. They managed to get a good atmosphere in the FA cup game last year, for the first time in a decade

1 Like

So, 0-20 then?

1 Like
1 Like

bar the odd game we never play that great here. be a draw or home win

1 Like

Slotā€™s first major test. Iā€™m hoping his calm demeanour is reflected in his decision making pre and in-game. Iā€™m not greedy, 0-2 will be fine.

Much as I enjoyed the 7-0 and 5-1 wins, we could have taken three goals off those totals and made a difference against them last season. Wastefulness cost us. End of.

I know this has been mentioned, and I say this as a huge Klopp believer and supporter. But maybe we need to take the emotion out of this fixture. Maybe we need to play more head than heart to get over the three worst results possible against them last season. I think those games fucked up our season, psychologically.

City are aleady putting down markers. Hopefully they are in a lower division with financial strangleholds soonā€¦but they look ruthless.
We need to keep pace now.
Nervous at the moment.
But always hopeful.

6 Likes

Maybe this is happening anyway as both sides (but especially) Man U are far from being on top. Through the 90s and 2000s, they were largely on top, having displaced us. There was a chasing pack, with Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal but we were very much their biggest rivals due to the then recent history. Now, the landscape is very different. They are just another nearly team, amongst many, that are behind Man City. They do not see us as a direct rival, nor we them, beyond a historical backdrop that seems fast receding.

2 Likes

I have returned from Alaska and shall be making my insights available for the benefit of the forum.

Up the mighty Reds of Anfield Road!

1 Like

Having already played them in pre season should help Slot.

Couldnā€™t you have stayed there ?

4 Likes