Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

Good times for others, still can’t see Top four for us our form just isn’t there.

4-2 I’ll turn it off as they will probably come back now

Very perish that thought!

1 Like

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed today. Hey, turn that frown upside down, will ya?

2 Likes

Sorry but it’s baffling that anyone expects us to put a run of form on after the last three months, none of the concerns up front have particularly been addressed.

1 Like

Just gotta enjoy the moment. West Brom hammering Chelsea is its own kind of good.

6 Likes

I can’t see it either, to be honest (I think you and I are of a similar outlook). That said, I still look forward to seeing us play and am confident that we can win on any given day — we’re the defending Champions (and still the Champions for at least a bit longer) — we just haven’t this year for myriad reasons that we all know.

1 Like

That, and it’s actually a very enjoyable game.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve kind of enjoyed the last couple of games, no expectations really.

The champions league is the champions league and you have to be up for watching us there but the last few months drained any expectation in the league, it is what it is.

Fuck Chelsea

5 Likes

If we win today, this could be the swing top 4 back into our favour… Really need to string together some wins now.

I expect Leicester to get beat and hopefully West Ham draw/lose v’s Wolves.

4 Likes

Exactly, the Wolves away win was definitely unexpected. And for everyone banging on about the biggest points dropoff, context is important — we had 99 last year — so Chelsea finishing 10th is still a bigger drop for me. Also my biggest fear with the whole null-and-void situation last year was that we would come back deflated and have lost our only chance. The celebrations weren’t as any of us would have wanted, but getting rid of the Gerrard slip memes and “nO pRemIeR lEaGuE” shite was worth it in and of itself. If you told me last year on April 3 that we would win the title but have to finish outside the top 4 next year, I’d have snapped your hand off.

7 Likes

We’re coming off a win and two weeks rest. We’ve let in two goals in the last four matches. Win today and we’re two points off fourth. All the teams around us have big issues, too. Still very much in the hunt for next year’s UCL.

9 Likes

Just logged on the BBC site and couldn’t believe what I saw. Go for it Allardici!

6 Likes

All if’s

Seriously just enjoy it and see what happens. No point counting points before they are won.

2 Likes

LOL 5-2! Madness.

2 Likes

Some lad who put a tenner on 5-2 WBA is gonna get a big payout.

4 Likes

Tuchel getting sacked in the morning!

5 Likes

Some serious finishing by WBA today. If they just could have done 75% of that in the season, they’d be staying up. As it is, a nice scalp for them, something to talk about next year when they’re rambling about the Championship.

6 Likes

Massive stupidity from Silva.

Still didn’t expect this result even with 10 men.

But it’s too late for WBA, I think only Fulham could put someone like Newcastle in danger.

2 Likes

Guess Mendy’s tooth still hurts. Fuck Chelsea. Paper tigers. That was the first time under Tuchel they’ve had to play from behind.

8 Likes

and this year’s as well :blush:

7 Likes